ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB card renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

GNIB card renewal

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:00 am

Hi all, I have a very simple question.

My card is due to expire in 1 month, since when my eu1 form was approved the permission was granted for 5 years but they said they would issue the card for the duration of my passport, I will be renewing my passport in 2 weeks so I will go with the letter to get the other card for the other 3 years.

My question is, do I have to be in the long queue again? Does my wife has to go with me? or Can I go alone with the letter and just request the new card?

We have a small baby now and I would not like having to go with my wife to queue one of these cold mornings...

Thank you!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40 am

its all depend on the person who is serving you the ticket .i think you explain them you have small kid your wife not able to come with you early morning to get ticket? i think you should go in the evening its not that busy in evening time .good luck

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:10 pm

your spouse has to come with you. I am not sure on the situation with the queue

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:09 am

yes your spouse have to go with you.but still you can get alone ticket.so your wife dont have to stand in the queue early morning ?