ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of status from dependent to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazeer
Newly Registered

change of status from dependent to HSMP

Post by nazeer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi All

recently i got approval for hsmp and i am on dependent visa at the moment. i was on Work Permit for 3 years till dec'04 and changed my status as dependent of my wife(Student).

is there any chance of getting my hsmp visa stamped over here with in U.K. as i was on Work Permit for 3 yrs before.

if i cant then is it posibble to go to some neighbouring countries and get visa stamped over there. iam from india. i dont want to go to india as i work for an I.T company and i am having tight schedule may not get off.

can anyone advice me, it would be very helpful for me please.

Thanks a lot

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi,

I am afraid there's no other option for you but to back to your home country to apply for EC based on your HSMP approval.

regards

winsome

Post by winsome » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:00 am

Hi nazeer,

my wife has recently got hsmp approval so i am going as a dependant in sep. can you please let me know if there are any issues for job hunt if you are a dependant. do i need some work permit or i can start looking for jobs straight away..why u want to shift now to hsmp.

Also, is there any way i can go early to uk and my wife join me later. any information would be highly appreciated...

Thanks,
winsome