ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP - FLR IED Query Kindly help!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier111
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP - FLR IED Query Kindly help!!!

Post by vijier111 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:32 am

Hi,
I have been on WP for the past 3yrs and I have FLR-IED stamped on my passport(thro' my current employer) which is valid till Mar'09. But, I am planning to apply for HSMP as I am planning to switch job. My PR is due only in June 2008.

I will be applying for HSMP as an In-country application only and suppose I get my HSMP approved, should I goto India to get the entry visa? If so, pls could someone tell how long I can defer this as I am planning to goto India only in March for a vacation.

I would be really grateful, if someone could reply re this!!!
Thanks very much.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi,

You can switch to HSMP visa from WP visa from within the UK itself. No need to go back to India to get an HSMP visa. Once you have the HSMP approval, use FLR(IED) to apply.

regards

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:01 am

In terms of deferring - you have upto 6 months from the date of approval OR the remaining duration of the Work Permit - which ever of the two is shorter - to switch to HSMP. Switch incountry as it will lead to continuty of your visa status when applying for ILR.