ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR shall I apply Long Residence or Tier 1?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zohaib001
Newly Registered

ILR shall I apply Long Residence or Tier 1?

Post by zohaib001 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi
First of all thank you very much for this platform to interacted and seek help from experienced people on this site.

I am quite confused as I am reaching long residence ILR soon after 6 months and my Tier 1 Extension will end on Jan 2014 and I have two dependants!

* Does the Long Residence ILR didn't had dependants from the start or they have introduced this recently?

* Which route of ILR is beneficial to my family overall Long Residence or Tier 1?

* What measure do I have to take for my wife and kid If I decide to take ILR on Long Residency? Do I have to apply again for them on FLR M form or they can stay on Tier 1 dependant until 2014 Jan?

*I am very confused can you please advise me best solution in my scenario which will suit best for me to seek the British Nationality along with my family?
Thanks