ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African with EEA Residence Card passport question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cosmicspin
Newly Registered

South African with EEA Residence Card passport question

Post by cosmicspin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm

I am South African married to a Polish national and have a 5 year EEA Residence Card (expires 27/05/2014) I have just noticed that my passport expires next year (03/06/2012)

I knew that I would have to obtain a new passport at some stage but haven't as we have been tied up sorting out our daughters documents with the Polish government (transferring South African marriage certificate to Polish one, birth certificates, name change for my wife, bla bla bla..... Sooooo much red tape everywhere!)

So my question is this: We are planning on visiting my family in South Africa for the last 2 weeks of February next year. I'm now a little concerned that I may have issues on returning to the UK. Will the fact that there will be less than 6 months untill my passport expires be an issue? Or will the presence of the Residence Card in the passport be enough for them to let me back into the country???

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

No issue

Post by toni34 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:44 pm

there is no issue mate as far as ur passport has not expired.
NON EU national with RC

cosmicspin
Newly Registered

Post by cosmicspin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:35 pm

thanks toni34, much appreciated!

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:42 am

also you can get your new passport and carry both of them ;)