ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about SET(M) and SET(F)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jraj
Newly Registered

Queries about SET(M) and SET(F)

Post by jraj » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 pm

I currently hold UK Indefinite Leave to Remain visa. I would be filing a Dependent visa application for my son - from India.

1. Once the dependent visa (settlement category - vaf4a - with 2 year validity) is processed for my son and we bring him here, is there any 2 year condition that needs to be met before we can apply for SET(F) for him? That is, what if we bring him a little late to the UK and he doesn't spend the entire 2 years of visa valid time here in the UK with us. Would be still be eligible for SET(F)?

Also, after his arrival here, when is the earliest we can apply for SET(F) for him?

2. My wife got her FLR(M) about 2 weeks ago. She would be applying for SET(M) at the end of 2 years. Can a joint application be filed for my wife and son at that time, even if my son may not have spent 2 years here with us?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards