ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner is on Tier 2 visa, we would like to get married...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kadian
Newly Registered

Partner is on Tier 2 visa, we would like to get married...

Post by Kadian » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Reading on the UKBA and various other sites have confused me so I'm hoping someone here may be able to clarify.

I am a British citizen and my partner is a US citizen on Tier 2 visa in the UK and we plan to marry in the UK, would he have to apply for a fiance visa and then once married switch to spousal visa?

Or as a person already in the UK (in another catergory granting him permission to remain for more than 6 months) can we get married without the hassle of fiancee visa? :roll:
Maybe I'm hearing wrong bus isn't a fiance visa for those who are currently outside of the UK and wish permission to come to the UK to marry. Does this still apply even if my hubby-to-be is already in the UK????

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:15 pm

You can marry in the UK without further immigration permission: contact your local Register Office for details of how to book a ceremony.

After the wedding (and before his current leave expires), your husband should apply for further leave to remain as your spouse:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/