ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you remember UK absences?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimalc
Newly Registered

How do you remember UK absences?

Post by zimalc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello, anyone know how I can be reminded of where one went to on holiday 4-5yrs back without having a record of UK re-entry (or airline confirmation)? I don't think I have any re-entry stamp thanks to IRIS. Was wondering if there is some database I can access to check this. Thanks.

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:51 pm

I am not aware of any Databases for the same. We had to go through and search through the entry/exit stamps from India/UK to get an idea of the dates. Luckily we also had most of our itineraries on my personal mails.

zimalc
Newly Registered

Post by zimalc » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. So an approximation is fine? I thought that wasn't ok.

sree_nair11

Post by sree_nair11 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 pm

two things I considered while collecting the data

1. If you can't find the stamp on your passport, they can't find it as well

2. as long as you are not dangerously close to 180 days out of country, i don't think it should be a problem.

in my case, he went by what dates I wrote on the application. i didn't see him cross checking it with the passport.

zimalc
Newly Registered

Post by zimalc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks. I did comb through the passports, I really couldn't even see some of the stamps! For some, I have the approx dates but I don't have a destination printed correctely, and vice versa.

There must be a better way than this as I'm definitely over 180, inclusive of business travels. Prob under 180 without it but still would like to be as diligent as possible to represent the correct days away.

Would you have further comments on this or anyone else? Many thanks.

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

zimalc wrote:Thanks. I did comb through the passports, I really couldn't even see some of the stamps! For some, I have the approx dates but I don't have a destination printed correctely, and vice versa.

There must be a better way than this as I'm definitely over 180, inclusive of business travels. Prob under 180 without it but still would like to be as diligent as possible to represent the correct days away.

Would you have further comments on this or anyone else? Many thanks.
Zimalc,

Do not think that UKBA, can not verify IRIS entries to UK. Send an email to: Iris Info [Irisinfo@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk], to get your entry to UK using IRIS barriers. You need to give them Passenger ID - this appears on the Registration Report that you received on enrolment, your full name as it appeared in your passport at the time of enrolment or re-enrolment, your date of birth and your nationality.

They will send you the details of your entry using IRIS barriers.

zimalc
Newly Registered

Post by zimalc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Awesome, thank you! Let me try this and report back in a week or so.