ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant - Married status change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Dependant - Married status change

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 am

Hi list,

This is in regard to application for a tier 1 dependant.

I am planning to submit online application available on http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ for tier 1 dependant visa. However, we are not married yet and want to file the application for an appointment after marriage date. My query is
1) If it is correct/ethical to submit our relation as husband/wife as asked by visa form online?
2) If we are not, then what relation we need to enter as we are getting married in future date and appointment has to be after marriage date only in order to produce documents by then.

I am just skeptic as we sign the declaration so that we are not declaring anything falsely.

Thanks in advance.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 am

Sorted.

Might help others in future, you can mention it in additional info on the visa app and add it as a wife/husband only.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Crusador,

Do we need to add in additional info that when we are getting married, i mean the date etc... Can we fill in the online form if we wanna get married end of Jan 2012 and apply for visa immediately or do we need to do it 4wks prior to the application

Thanks

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:12 pm

I did n't find one field throughout the online form asking for marriage date. It doesn't matter mate, I filled in form and have got an appointment for January already. You need to fill in form first ( you can save it at any point and come back add more information), once it's done it will redirect you to appointment page where you chose nearest visa centre and date. You then print out this form with Barcodes/ETR codes, and take along to visa centre for your appointment.

HTH
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks, I did found a field if the partner is single or married. we are not married though, what did you select in this field