ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering the countrynafter 4 months away

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex27
Newly Registered

Entering the countrynafter 4 months away

Post by alex27 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi all, please can you help.
I applied for British citizenship in June. In august I left the UK and have been with family overseas since then. I received word that my application was successful and will return in December for my citizenship ceremony.
My question is, will I have any problems entering the country with ILR after being away for four months? Should I say that I am returning for my ceremony or will that be suspicious? Will they ask many questions and should I have proof that I intend to remain in the UK?
Thx for your help

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Do you intend to remain in the UK?

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:21 pm

You have a valid ILR and no one will ask you to prove that you intend to stay in the UK or not.

fajr

Post by fajr » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Backer wrote:You have a valid ILR and no one will ask you to prove that you intend to stay in the UK or not.
I have the same question. With my ILR visa they gave an information sheet which says if you stay more than 2 years outside UK you have to apply for a visa.

Wondering what's that mean? I thought ILR for indefinite period, no matter how much time spend outside/inside.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

fajr wrote:Wondering what's that mean? I thought ILR for indefinite period, no matter how much time spend outside/inside.
It's Indefinite Leave to Remain so you can stay as long as you wish. If you leave the UK for more than 2 years (and visiting just for a few days every 2 years doesn't count), you lose the ILR. Those are the rules.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 am

At UK immigration on landing, if they ask you for purpose of visit - clearly state you've come back to live here. Do not say anything that may give the impression this is just a flying visit.