ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Vistor's Visa question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Medina
Newly Registered

General Vistor's Visa question

Post by Medina » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 pm

This may not be the place for such a general question, but I didn't know of anywhere else to ask. Last year I spent six months in the UK on a visitor's visa to meet my long-distance boyfriend (we're now engaged). I left back in Febrary, and today I found out that his family is offering to buy me a ticket so that I can visit again. I need to know if there'd be any problems getting a visitor's visa again, as I was there nearly six months ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

prashar
Newly Registered

Post by prashar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:51 am

Hi,

They might ask you about ur previous visit and what did you do in 6 months....Then you need to show your finances to support yourself in UK along with a letter of sponsorship from your sponsers and their relation. If you can convince ECO that you are not going to UK for Illegal migration then you wont face any problem......

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:45 pm

Which country are you a citizen of? Unfortunately the answer to your questions depends heavily on this.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Medina
Newly Registered

Post by Medina » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:05 pm

US.