ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts on SET (O) Form - Advice please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhijack

Doubts on SET (O) Form - Advice please

Post by abhijack » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi friends,

I am due for ILR in Jan 2012. (HSMP + Tier 1 (G) ) - not under JR.

I am trying to fill my SET (O) Form. But have some doubts which I am thinking aloud and would appreciate your kind advice.

5.1 - I live in hospital accommodation with the rent deducted in payslip.Should I tick option c [privately rented by you] or option e [other] and give detail as hospital accommodation.

5.3 - monthly pay is the net pay that goes into bank ..right?

6.1 - date of first entry - it is the hsmp stamp date , right? although mine was an in country hsmp application and didnt enter uk on that date.

6.2 - i have only foriegn trips in the five year period which fits in to the spaces in the form. should i still add another absences sheet?

6.3 - when last entered uk? - thats the last date of entry from my foriegn trip - right?

9C - age at application for your first grant of leave in a relevant route - thats my HSMP application 5 years ago rather than Tier 1 extension 3 years ago - right?

Section 10:

- should i fill 10 G or 10 L? both looks similar in my eyes. 10 L looks more applicable as I am on Tier 1 G at the moment.

and if its 10L :

'for the period before you were granted tier 1 general , documents showing that you have met the relevant requirements of immigration' - what does this mean?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:40 am

Hi abhijack,

5.1 Tick others and mention rented Hospital accomodation

5.3 Yes it is the net pay that goes in Bank.

6.1 Yes

6.2 No need to attach another sheet. If all your absences fits in one sheet it is fine.

9C Yes its the age, when you first got your HSMP. The age you declared for claiming points

Section 10: You need to tick 10L
The question is... to be or not to be....

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm

thanks a lot zahid...

one more query please.....

Section 10L of the SET(O), it requires:-

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

what does that mean?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

abhijack wrote:thanks a lot zahid...

one more query please.....

Section 10L of the SET(O), it requires:-

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

what does that mean?
This means that you need to show that you were on HSMP before Tier 1 General. You can attach your HSMP approval letter and Tier 1 general extension Approval letter with your application. Although, the visa in your passport clearly says about your HSMP & Tier 1 G status. The reason for this is, to establish a fact that your are applying under correct category and if you were in a category that leads to settlement in 5 years of time.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
This means that you need to show that you were on HSMP before Tier 1 General. You can attach your HSMP approval letter and Tier 1 general extension Approval letter with your application. Although, the visa in your passport clearly says about your HSMP & Tier 1 G status. The reason for this is, to establish a fact that your are applying under correct category and if you were in a category that leads to settlement in 5 years of time.
thanks again zahid for the prompt response...
yes i do have those two approval letters with me luckily..

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 pm

oops these queries never ends it seems :?

can we print the SET (O) form double sided/duplex ?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 pm

abhijack wrote:oops these queries never ends it seems :?

can we print the SET (O) form double sided/duplex ?
No problem. You can print it duplex. Any thing else :D

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
thanks mate.... :)
oops.. i have become member of standing.... :D

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 am

abhijack wrote:
zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
thanks mate.... :)
oops.. i have become member of standing.... :D
I wish you Good Luck... :wink:

dezialien
Newly Registered

Re: Doubts on SET (O) Form - Advice please

Post by dezialien » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:59 am

Hey guys, please don't mind me hijacking your thread, however, i have relevant questions.

thanks to creator of this post and responders, most of these are answers here..

Q1) however, with respect to "5.3" monthly NET, my net is not constant figure every month due to the fact that I work overtime (for same employer) and occasional bonus (taxable and on payslip).

hence, do i just take a average of the 12 months NET i am gong to claim and put it there?

or take a constant NET without OT/Bonus and fill it in??!

Q2) RE: 5.1 (If so, how much do you pay each month?): what proofs do I have to provide for these? I live in a shared/HMO kind of setup.
I do have original agreement which is few years old!, and electoral letter from council (few years old), bills (mobile and broadband), bank statements and payslips to this address, but NOT any receipts as i have been paying in cash.....wud this be an issue???

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:58 am

dezialien wrote: Q1) do i just take a average of the 12 months NET i am gong to claim and put it there?

Q2) RE: 5.1 (If so, how much do you pay each month?):
You did not mentioned your Visa category. I am considering it Tier 1 General,

Q1: The averge take home salary including Over time, bonus etc. Nothing to do with your Gross claimed Pay.

Q2: You dont need to provide any Proof. This is just the rent. No bills etc in it. if all the bills are included in the House rent than you can write the final amount. Otherwise, just the House rent will be sufficient. This is just to figure out your every month fix expence. Even if you pay by cash. Just write the amount you pay every month.

dezialien
Newly Registered

Post by dezialien » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:44 pm

yes, indeed it is Tier1G.

thanks for your prompt response and kind answers, much appreciated. May God bless. :D

Bobbylondon

Post by Bobbylondon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
dezialien wrote: Q1) do i just take a average of the 12 months NET i am gong to claim and put it there?

Q2) RE: 5.1 (If so, how much do you pay each month?):

Q1: The averge take home salary including Over time, bonus etc. Nothing to do with your Gross claimed Pay.

Q2: You dont need to provide any Proof. This is just the rent. No bills etc in it. if all the bills are included in the House rent than you can write the final amount. Otherwise, just the House rent will be sufficient. This is just to figure out your every month fix expence. Even if you pay by cash. Just write the amount you pay every month.
Hi

As far as I know, the figure to me mentioned for income, is the one you received in bank, so that CW can verify on salary slip & bank statement. On gross, it has to be more than what you claimed in T1G approval points scoring.

Reg. rent: I think, Life in UK ask for post code proof, how you'll prove, if you are in sharing.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:41 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:

Q1. i think rather than putting the mean value its best to put the lowest figure. the lowest figure will usually correspond to the net pay without including any other allowances for eg. travel expenses, reimbursement of courses etc. which will apear in certain months only.

to be honest i dont think this column is that important.

Q2. i agree with above.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 am

abhijack wrote:[Q1. i think rather than putting the mean value its best to put the lowest figure. the lowest figure will usually correspond to the net pay without including any other allowances for eg. travel expenses, reimbursement of courses etc. which will apear in certain months only.
Yes you can put the lowest figure. These figures, if not humungusly low, have no effect on your ILR.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote: Yes you can put the lowest figure. These figures, if not humungusly low, have no effect on your ILR.
thanks....

do they ask for tenancy agreement?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 am

abhijack wrote:
do they ask for tenancy agreement?
It is not a mandatory requirement.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
It is not a mandatory requirement.
thanks i am trying hard to get one...not sure whether i will get one in time..
even i thought its not mandatory as its not mentioned in the form..

thanks for corroborating...

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 pm

is there a template for cover letter (ILR) available ?

sorry i couldnt find in the sticky threads...

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Guys another doubt...Please answer...

SET (O) form - Page 15; Section 9; Question A6

A6. You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) Points based calculator and provide your total earning claimed in the box below:

What does that mean? Does it mean to add up and input the total into A6 column on the form?

And is there a link to Points calculator for ILR (from Tier 1 G ) ?

Your help is much appreciated..