ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce in UK - please help.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

morgana_uk
Newly Registered

Divorce in UK - please help.

Post by morgana_uk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:25 pm

I married my husband in Pakistan 2 years ago. He is a Pakistan citizen and I'm a UK national.
I live in the UK and he in Pakistan. We've not seen each other since April 2010 because he has no job and I was out of work for a year and I couldn't afford to go back to visit. Since our last meeting, he has been nothing but abusive to me, demanding I bring him to the UK and verbally threatening to "make my life hell" if I don't do as he demands.

I've asked him for a divorce, many times and he refuses. Sadly, when we got married, it was the day before my flight home and only he was given a copy of the marriage certificate, all I have is a copy which was scanned and e-mailed. My affidavit is in English, everything else is in urdu. When I ask him to get official copies of the certificates, he refuses, when I ask him to send me the original's, he refuses and I don't know where the ceremony took place, all I know that it was in Islamabad.

This was done in secret because I was naive and stupid, but now I want to move on with my life,
Is there anyway of getting a divorce?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 am

The amount of accurate advice about divorce you are likely to get on an immigration forum is very limited.

Go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau in the first instance. Thereafter you may need to instruct a UK solicitor who has links with and/or knowledge of Pakistan.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:57 am

I think you better consult with some mufti about this as it involve the religious aspect as well. In addition to this, you can also consult divorce lawyer. They can tell you what should be done about that in UK. You can anyhow, apply for Khullah, if he is not giving you divorce. This could be filled in any shariat court through a lawyer. This is the easiest way to get rid of this person.
The question is... to be or not to be....