ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apostille?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

turispace
Newly Registered

apostille?

Post by turispace » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:03 pm

Hey guys,

My wife (who is American) and I just got married in Las Vegas last month.

We're currently putting together the paperwork for her visa application to move here to the UK (I'm a british citizen) and I've reached a stumbling block.... what i need to know is, does she need to include an apostille with our marriage certificate when sending it off for her visa application?

i've tried calling the home office, and various visa helplines etc but to no avail.

can anyone help me out?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:11 pm

does she need to include an apostille with our marriage certificate when sending it off for her visa application?
No, the marriage certificate (and not a photocopy of it) will suffice.

Had it not been in English you would have needed to attach a certified translation into English.
John

turispace
Newly Registered

Post by turispace » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply John! I'm in Birmingham too (Great Barr area)... what a coincidence!

Thanks for the info....so no apostille is needed at all?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:37 pm

No
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....