ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due in 7 weeks p45 missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KKumar

ILR due in 7 weeks p45 missing

Post by KKumar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

Please guide me.

My ILR is due in 7 weeks. and i am missing my p45. here is more details

16 feb 07 - 15 oct 07 --- first wp
15 oct 08 - 01 nov 09 - second wp
01 nov 09 - 31 oct 12 -- tier 1 general

so i understand i can apply for ILR any date after 22 Jan 2012. i would like to go with PEO option. Please correct me here.

16 feb 07 - 31 march -- p60
1 april 07 - 15 oct --- first employer p45 missing ( actually not given to me, to be honest I did not care that time to ask for that either)
except aug 07 and sept 07 - i have all payslips with first employer on standar business printed with all necessary details about tax, NI etc.. but my bank statement for all time have clear entries for my pay with company name. so there is no employment gap at all. i have p60 for financial year 2008-09 given by second employer but it includes only figures which were provided by second employer as i did not provider p45 at joining.

from 15 oct 08 to till date i have all p60+ payslips + bank statements with same employer as i am with same employer afterwords.

so my questions

1) will i have to get p45 or tax statement from HMRC for financial year 2008-09
2) in ILR set(0), it does ask to claim point on age asking my age at the time of first initial grant of leave, i understand it is in context of tier 1.. so i should consider my age on 01 Nov 2009( date which i have tier 1 general) , am i right ?

Thanks,
KKumar

migun
Newly Registered

Post by migun » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Kkumar,

Not sure for your question on age but you could ring HMRC and get your tax figures from them since the day you were in UK. P60 would suffice.
I had only p60 for last 2 years only and they did not ask me for any p60 or p45. I got ilr stamped on last friday from Liverpool PEO. only payslip and bank stmnt was asked.
hope this helps.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: ILR due in 7 weeks p45 missing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

KKumar wrote:1) will i have to get p45 or tax statement from HMRC for financial year 2008-09
2) in ILR set(0), it does ask to claim point on age asking my age at the time of first initial grant of leave, i understand it is in context of tier 1.. so i should consider my age on 01 Nov 2009( date which i have tier 1 general) , am i right ?
1. Since you have all the record on your payslips you don't need to have P45. Secondly it is not a mandatory document for ILR. So don't worry about that.

2. Yes the age will be when you first successfuly applied for Tier 1.
The question is... to be or not to be....

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks a lot to both of you - @migun and @zahid.ali.anwar. your advices are highly appreciated and made me relax.

@migun - so i understand you hadnot P60 for first three years of your staty at the time of PEO appointment.

@zahid.ali.anwar - i have mentioned that i do not have pay slip for Aug 07 and Sept 07 with me. but payment entries are in bank statement of Aug 07 and Sept 07 with employer name. I was in work permit within that duration, that is why i am curious if i need to prove for my contineous employment within that duration with two resources. so two month missing payslip, i would like to have some proof other than bank statement. I think i need to check more about HMRC tax statement. i have no background knowledge about it.

I have called HMRC now and asked employment history for 2006-2007 and 2007-2008.

Thanks for your reply. More information, guidances and suggestions are always welcome.

Many Thanks,
KKumar

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi,

Sorry, I have more questions now.

I have baby born in Aug-11 in UK and he holds now Indian Passport. no visa on his passport at all. so understand he can apply for registration and British Passport once either of us get ILR. we are expecting to get ILR at the end of Jan 2012. we have PEO appointment for ILR at the end of Jan 2012. cost difference between with 1 dependent and 2 dependent is £ 675

1) For baby, should i apply for ILR at same time with me ? or it is just waste of money.

2) we have plan to visit India in Oct 2012, so i am not sure if i will be able to make for baby registration + new passport + OCI etc.

3) I understand that baby has indian passport at the moment, can surrender india passport once receive british passport and can apply for OCI ( at the time of his application for OCT, neither me or my wife would have OCI)

4) Please guide me for any benefit to take ILR for baby

Your support is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
KKumar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 pm

1. Your choice.
2. Ten months should be enough for all the steps to be completed.
3. Not a question.
4. Click on the link given in 1 and read the information therein relevant to the issue.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Your choice.
2. Ten months should be enough for all the steps to be completed.
3. Not a question.
4. Click on the link given in 1 and read the information therein relevant to the issue.

Thanks for prompt reply SushdMehta

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote: 3. Not a question.
Hi SushdMehta,
About question number 3.. Please correct me if i wrong or anything can affect his OCI. to be honest i am not fully sure about eligibility criteria for OCI..

thanks,
Ketan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 pm

How your child acquires British citizenship is irrelevant to his eligibility for OCI.
Post any queries regarding OCI in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!