ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4eufam visa travel to malta from UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chursy

4eufam visa travel to malta from UK

Post by chursy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 am

Hi

i am a non-eu spouse (Pakistani passport) of a british national.We moved to UK in May 2011 on a family permit which is now expired in november. We are not moving to malta, as i understand i donot require a visa to travel to malta as i have 4eufam.

however i would just like confirmation that the fact that we have been in uk for 6 months or so , is that going to make a difference if i travel on the basis of 4eufam visa?

does it matter that i have a pakistani passport?

ould be grateful if someone can clarify this for me.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 am

Directive 2004/38/EC
Article 11
Validity of the residence card

2. The validity of the residence card shall not be affected by temporary absences not exceeding six
months a year, or by absences of a longer duration for compulsory military service or by one
absence of a maximum of twelve consecutive months for important reasons such as pregnancy and
childbirth, serious illness, study or vocational training, or a posting in another Member State or a
third country.
In reality, as long as you travel with your spouse, you can still use it.
Until you receive your UK "EU family residence card"

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: 4eufam visa travel to malta from UK

Post by ca.funke » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 am

chursy wrote:...as i understand i donot require a visa to travel to malta as i have 4eufam...
Hi chursy,

no, you do not need a visa to travel to Malta, as long as you travel together with your spouse.

See also this >>letter from the Maltese Embassy<< I received in January 2008.

Enjoy!

chursy

Post by chursy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 am

ca.funke wrote:
chursy wrote:...as i understand i donot require a visa to travel to malta as i have 4eufam...
Hi chursy,

no, you do not need a visa to travel to Malta, as long as you travel together with your spouse.

See also this >>letter from the Maltese Embassy<< I received in January 2008.

Enjoy!
Thanks guys

Does it matter which country passport it is ? As I have read in a few websites tht visa free travel is allowed dependent on what of passport the non eu spouse holds.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:22 pm

chursy wrote:Does it matter which country passport it is ?
All that matters is that you are married to an EU-national, travel together with the EU-partner AND that you can prove the above relation.

Everything else is (or rather should be) irrelevant. However, sometimes, >>airline staff and/or border guards are uninformed and cause (illegal) problems like not letting you board<<.

As for Malta, print the law, print the letter I linked to above, and you should be fine. I would be surprised if not.

Rgds, Christian

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 pm

yes you can travel with your wife to malta make sure you have marriage certificate.good luck i hope you will have good holidays