ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliAWAN 332
Newly Registered

Please ADVICE

Post by aliAWAN 332 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 pm

am in serious situation, i have been in uk for 11 years, was in relationship for 9 years with 8 year old son, i had 2 years residence permit in which our relationship finished with in this period i applied for ILR which got refused on basics of not having contact order from family court, i then appealed which got refused on not having enough evidence.
now i have got contact order which i have been following for almost 1 year.
currently i am overstayer,
What is my best resort

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

If you have a contact order and meet the other requirements, you could leave the UK and apply for entry clearance as a parent with a right of access to a child resident in the UK.

The benefit fo this route is that it is a cheap initial application, and currently leads to ILR after only 1 year.

However, if your immigration history puts you at risk of refusal under 320(11) (and if the UKBA has a poor record of decision-making in your home country), then you may prefer to apply for discretionary leave to remain (DL) in the UK (on the basis of Article 8 ECHR).

DL may be granted for an initial 3-year period, with a further 3 years available after that. Currently leads to settlement after 6 years.

Is your son British? What financial support do you provide for him (if any)? Do you just have access rights or shared residence as well?

aliAWAN 332
Newly Registered

Post by aliAWAN 332 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 pm

Yes, my son is british and i pay money weekly into his account as financial support. I have access rights. I have a indefinate contact order stating i can meet him on Saturdays. This was a contact order issued by a county judge at a family court. (The mother was refusing to let me see him so i had to take that route)