ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoelho

Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by scoelho » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:39 am

Hi,

I am in UK on Tier 1 Visa since January this year and I want to apply now a dependent visa for my Wife who is in India now.I have been maintaining funds of around 4000 pounds in my UK account from the last 3 months and I was just wondering if this amount is sufficient to gain a visa for my wife if not can I show the funds from my Indian account which are been held for more than a 6months now and moreover my visa is going to expire in April 2012, does it going to effect any thing on my wife's visa application?

Thanks,
SK

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:59 am

The actual amount necessary is 1600 (or 533 if you have been in the UK for longer than 12 months). All of this information is available in the guidance.

scoelho

Post by scoelho » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, as i said my Tier 1 visa is going to expire in April 2012, does it going to effect any thing on my wife dependent application?

Regards,
SK

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

No, but it means her visa, when granted, will also expire in April and need to be renewed with yours.

scoelho

Post by scoelho » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 am

Lucapooka wrote:No, but it means her visa, when granted, will also expire in April and need to be renewed with yours.
Hi, Thanks for the reply,

I don't have letting agreement on my name but I do have a utility bills on my name, will it be sufficient to provide along with my other documents.

I am planning to submit the following docs

1. Duly filled Application form
2. 3 months UK bank statements ( Maintenance Funds )
3. 3 months Payslips
4. Offer letter from my Employer
5. My Visa Status ( Passport Copy)
6. My Wife 3 months Bank Statements and 3 months Payslips ( As she is employed by IT Company )
5. Marriage Certificate
6. Marriage Photos.

But I only have an issue with Tenancy agreement, instead can I submit my Utility bill. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SK

Thanks

sriyab1
Newly Registered

Post by sriyab1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi,
Dont take any chances since the visa fees you will pay is high,If you can provide an agreement copy it will be good.
I was in similar situation, and was sharing a flat with my friend, I paid the fees as required by the letting agent and included my name in the Rent agreement.

sriyab