ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

life in the uk test

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am

hi,

i am going to take my life in the uk test soon. i read that the life in the uk second edition is the latest one but i just have the first edition. is this enough to pass the exam ? has anyone taken up the exam and can you share your experiemce ?

also if anyone has the pdf to these files (life in the uk second edition or anything pertaining to the test), can you pls post hte links

Thanks

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am

i did (and passed) my LIUK test last friday and i prepared for it using the 2nd edition. i will advice you to do the same, the book costs just between 7 and 10 pounds!

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 am

It is very easy to pass.You can do some trial exams here http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

i have had a quick look at the contents of the second edition and cant find any difference between the first and the second. does anyone ahve a pdf link to the second edition ?

also is it just enough if i do the practice exams the theory seems so boring !!

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 am

has anyone recently taken up the LIUK test confirm if there are any questions from Chaper 1 ? (histroy of Briton)

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:42 am

krssubbu wrote:has anyone recently taken up the LIUK test confirm if there are any questions from Chaper 1 ? (histroy of Briton)
Thats chapter 2 as far as I remembered. Yes when I passed my test in Oct this year. I did had questions from chapter 2.
The question is... to be or not to be....

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am

sorry i meant chapter 1 - making of the United Kingdom ? any questions from this chapter ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 pm

krssubbu wrote:sorry i meant chapter 1 - making of the United Kingdom ? any questions from this chapter ?
The guide clearly says that the questions will be based on chapers 2-6 only.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

srreddy

book

Post by srreddy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:19 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:i did (and passed) my LIUK test last friday and i prepared for it using the 2nd edition. i will advice you to do the same, the book costs just between 7 and 10 pounds!
Hi,
Are you guys referring to the book in the link : http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... ction=Book

Would that be only enough along with practice question & answers.

Could you please advice.

Thanks for your time .

Regards,
Reddy

push
United Kingdom

Re: book

Post by push » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:31 pm

srreddy wrote:
hsmpengineer wrote:i did (and passed) my LIUK test last friday and i prepared for it using the 2nd edition. i will advice you to do the same, the book costs just between 7 and 10 pounds!
Hi,
Are you guys referring to the book in the link : http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... ction=Book

Could you please advice.

Thanks for your time .

Regards,
Reddy
No, this is what you want: Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

srreddy

Re: book

Post by srreddy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 pm

push wrote:
srreddy wrote:
Hi,

Could you please advice.

Thanks for your time .

Regards,
Reddy
No, this is what you want: Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition

Thanks a lot. Any website for practice questions & answers which will help to clear the exam ?

thanks again

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 am