ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension_query regarding Postal Order

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension_query regarding Postal Order

Post by 23367 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:28 am

Hi all,
I am sending postal application for my Tier1 extension this week. I have chosen the Payment option as "POSTAL ORDER" and have bought the postal orders for the extension fee(1000£). As per the guidance
===============
You must make the cheque or postal order payable to ‘Home Office’ and cross the cheque or postal order A/C Payee only.
=============================

My question is :
Postal order issued by Post office has been crossed. But they have not explicitly written the word " A/C Payee only". I specifically requested the Post office Agent to write on the postal order as "A/C Payee Only" but they declined to do that.When i called the home office, the agent who answered the call said he was not clear about this and has simply asked me to follow whatever is mentioned inthe guidance document. Can someone guide me is it really required to write "A/C Payee only" on a Postal order. If yes, can i write it manually?

Thanks
SV

maniyo
Newly Registered

Post by maniyo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 pm

I also paid my fees with the postal orders and i manually crossed the postal order and write a/c payee only as suggested by postal worker.....hope this helps!!

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:19 pm

maniyo wrote:I also paid my fees with the postal orders and i manually crossed the postal order and write a/c payee only as suggested by postal worker.....hope this helps!!
Is there a limit for postal orders? - I need to get one for £2600 for PEO.

Could someone please advise?

Newly Registered

Post by 23367 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:53 am

There is no limit on Postal orders. You can buy in multiples of 250 £ and the last Postal order worth 100£.

rajani1981

Post by rajani1981 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51 am

newbie_t wrote:
maniyo wrote:I also paid my fees with the postal orders and i manually crossed the postal order and write a/c payee only as suggested by postal worker.....hope this helps!!

Postal Orders are very expensive. I think 5% extra you need to pay. Why cant you go for Banker's Draft who charge a reasonably fixed amount and almost all the bankers issue them

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:11 am

rajani1981 wrote:
newbie_t wrote:

Postal Orders are very expensive. I think 5% extra you need to pay. Why cant you go for Banker's Draft who charge a reasonably fixed amount and almost all the bankers issue them
Sure, I will consider banker's draft as well, however are they acceptable for same day appointments - at PEO Croydon?

rajani1981

Post by rajani1981 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:56 pm

newbie_t wrote: Sure, I will consider banker's draft as well, however are they acceptable for same day appointments - at PEO Croydon?
I am not sure about that but you can easily verify with reliable sources, I hope.