ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVERSTAYER WANT TO LEAVE, PLS HELP!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Milly83
Newly Registered

OVERSTAYER WANT TO LEAVE, PLS HELP!!

Post by Milly83 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 pm

hi i am a over stayer in UK ..and want to leave on my own expense .have already booked a return ticket, but i am worried what might happen at the airport. if anyone could guide me i would be much obliged. also will they keep my possessions i have.
i overstay my general student visa 6 months, during the study time i regularly attended Uni and have all diplomas and certificates!
Reason I overstayed I fall in love with Italian guy and now we planning to move in Italy but I'm worried what will happen on airport! And will I be able to come in UK ever again??

any serious advise would be much appreciated
thanx
Milly

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

If you get caught at an improvised exit control, they have an option to serve you with a removal notice which they may or may not decide to do. They will not confiscate your belongings.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

If you lived with an Italian guy who was exercising treaty rights in the UK, why did you not regularise your status under the durable relationship category in the EEA regulation. Did you live with him for two years or more, and have you got documents to prove it?

Yes they may serve you a removal notice, but you cannot be detained or jail as far as i know.

If you intend to live with him in Italy, why can't you move from UK with him to Italy.

You will have an automatic right to stay in the UK if you get married, and you may have a right to stay if you have been in a relationship for more than 2 years.

If you continue to be in a relationship with him, i can't see the overstay being an obstacle in you coming to the UK in future.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors