ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continious Reckonable Residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

internal_model
Newly Registered

Continious Reckonable Residence

Post by internal_model » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi,

I'm Irish & 3 years married to non EU citizen. She's on a stamp 4 for 3 years (or will be next month.) However she is missing 12 days between first and second stamp 4 in the last year (2011) as we renewed too late!!

She intends to apply for citizenship next month. Does anyone have any experience of INIS waiving this issue as technically this means she doesn't have 12 months continuous reckonable residence in the last year.

Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:16 am

i think the best is wait for another 1 months .also make sure check the residence stamps in residence calcultar

internal_model
Newly Registered

Post by internal_model » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 pm

IQU wrote:i think the best is wait for another 1 months .also make sure check the residence stamps in residence calcultar
That would only work if the "missing days" were 12 months ago. And then I wouldn't bother posting the question if we just had to wait another month.

The missing days were in the middle of "last year" and obviously waiting another 6 months will give 12 months continuous reckonable residence in the last year. I don't want to wait 6 months.

Does anyone know what GNIBs attitude is (as opposed to the letter of the law) toward missing days ie gaps between stamps in the last year? are they flexible on this issue? We are talking less than 2 weeks. Will they send the application back? And prosecute the applicants employer for employing a technically illegal immigrant in that 2 week period?

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 am

internal_model wrote:
IQU wrote:i think the best is wait for another 1 months .also make sure check the residence stamps in residence calcultar
That would only work if the "missing days" were 12 months ago. And then I wouldn't bother posting the question if we just had to wait another month.

The missing days were in the middle of "last year" and obviously waiting another 6 months will give 12 months continuous reckonable residence in the last year. I don't want to wait 6 months.

Does anyone know what GNIBs attitude is (as opposed to the letter of the law) toward missing days ie gaps between stamps in the last year? are they flexible on this issue? We are talking less than 2 weeks. Will they send the application back? And prosecute the applicants employer for employing a technically illegal immigrant in that 2 week period?
If you provide a clear and coherent reason for the gap, they may overlook it if you request that the Minister uses his discretion to overlook the 12 days. Specifically request it under the relevant section of the Citizenship Acts.

Your employer will not get into trouble over those 12 days.

For the application, you have to ask is the non-refundable €175 processing fee worth the risk of having the application sent back or can you wait the extra 6 months?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am

internal_model wrote:

1. GNIB have nothing to do with applications for Citizenship, that is the role of the Minister and the Department of Justice (INIS)

2. Why would the employer's be prosecuted? The State have better things to do than that. No, no they won't.

Why is there a delay in registering? If there is a good, solid reason, a reason that was through no fault of your partner's, then maybe you have a point. Even so, two weeks is very little and quite unfair to refuse someone.