ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA member wants to apply for permanent residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Javed butt
Newly Registered

EEA member wants to apply for permanent residence

Post by Javed butt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 am

I am a EEA member and been exercising treaty rights for the past 5 years.I am entitled to apply now.
Can you pls tell is do I need to fill EEA3 form and also I have 2 kids.Can I include them in my application?Do I need their birth certificates or just Polish passports are enough?
Can make application by person or do I have post the application.
Pls help me

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 am

Form EEA3 is the correct form. You can only apply by post.

PR status is acquired automatically after exercising treaty rights for 5 years. The HO just confirms this status. You don't need to apply for it but you can if you wish.

In my opinion, having PR confirmation is mainly useful in the following cases:

1. Applying later for British Citizenship in cases in which your 5 years of exercising treaty rights is not straight forward (you can apply directly for BC after 6 years. You don't need to have PR confirmation but if your case is not straight forward, better to make EEA3 application first as it is free).

2. Applying in future for British passport for children born in the UK - Children born in the UK after obtaining PR status are British from birth and can apply for a British passport. Having PR confirmation will make the passport application simpler (no need to provide 5 years treaty rights evidence).

3. Supporting EEA4 (non-EEA) application as you are sending your documents anyway.

For EEA children, you will need to provide their passport + birth certificate (as proof of relationship to you). I would not bother with the children application as it adds no value to them (if you wish to apply for BC later, then it is your status that matters, not theirs).

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:50 am

you can apply for PR using EEA3 and you can include all the kids in them as there is a section in the form.. eea members etc living with you. for non eea it will be eea4.

after having pr for 1 yr you can apply for British citizenship and passport.

Best Wishes

boloney

Re: EEA member wants to apply for permanent residence

Post by boloney » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Javed butt wrote:I am a EEA member and been exercising treaty rights for the past 5 years.I am entitled to apply now.
Can you pls tell is do I need to fill EEA3 form and also I have 2 kids.Can I include them in my application?Do I need their birth certificates or just Polish passports are enough?
Can make application by person or do I have post the application.
Pls help me

Thanks
Remember, you will Have to prove that kids Lived in the uk for 5 years as Well.