ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to request passport return if travel in Feb 2012?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lmuee08

When to request passport return if travel in Feb 2012?

Post by lmuee08 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi guys,

Just need some advise on this. My EEA husband just has a busniess travle arrangment confirmed to go to China in mid Feb.

He would need visa for his trip. We were considering to request it as early as possbile but don't want to get into the Christmas rush (I guess lots of people request their passports back this time).

Any suggestion? Thanks advance!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Don't understand your worries about the Chrismas rush. I would just ask for the passport now. No reason to wait.

bobobo

Re: When to request passport return if travel in Feb 2012?

Post by bobobo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 am

difficult to say with the HO. I asked for the passport back, i got it the next day in the special delivery envelopes I had provided with my application.
But I woulod advice the sooner the better considering the time of the year and also HO sometimes do take a while in processing requests
lmuee08 wrote:Hi guys,

Just need some advise on this. My EEA husband just has a busniess travle arrangment confirmed to go to China in mid Feb.

He would need visa for his trip. We were considering to request it as early as possbile but don't want to get into the Christmas rush (I guess lots of people request their passports back this time).

Any suggestion? Thanks advance!

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 am

do it now as it might be pain in the back as I read some piost here that they are waiting for their document return for 20 days etc. so put a request now

ta

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Jambo, bobobo and Punjab,

Many thanks for your advice. I think I might screwed it up this time.

Made up mine mind this morning to request the passport back for him, as we just realised that the Chinese Embassy close on Chinese new year, which is also in Jan.

However, just after I send the email to the HO request the passport back, I thought to give a try on the tracking number of the returning envenlop including in our application. Supprisely!!! One of them worked (I put 2 envelopes) and was due to be deliveried today. We are very excited about it. till I checked again around 11.30am, it shows deliveried on royal mail website. Called my husband as he worked from home, and confirmed that nothing happend. Called royalmail, was told it was deliveried by the signature not yet available. Called the HO to tell them whatever they sent has not arrived, then I was told they haven't sent me anything!!! :?: :!:

I want to cry now but with no tears. I tent to get depressed easily and worrying to much about to many things, but this one definately put me into an extreme now.

Any advise guys, please. Things I am worrying:

1. Where is the parcel?
2. What is in the parcel?
3. if that is our passport, what will HO do to deal with my request return email this morning?