ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon 14 dec 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yogiyogi
Newly Registered

Success at Croydon 14 dec 2011

Post by Yogiyogi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Interview timing :11:15am for myself and spouse. My case - WP + TIER I

10:15: Reached. Security guard suggested to go near by shopping center and come at 10:45. Only 30 mins before interview.

10:45: Went inside. Queue for 15mins. Airport style checking. On ground floor, there are counters. Done quick initial checking. Only form, passport, life in uk test. Gave ticket number and asked to go on first floor for payment.

11:15: Finish payment and asked to wait in nearby hall till visa officer call for ur ticket number.
LONG LONG WAIT….Due to technical issue, interviews was running late almost by 2.5 hours.

01:45 - Called for my ticket number. Officer took form and then asked for following documents.
Last 12 months payslips
Last 12 months bank statement
P60 forms
Work permit
Life in uk test
photo
Cohab docs - joint account bank statement, GP letter, employer letter, life in uk test, photo

My all payslips are from one employer in last 5 years. Officer confirms the same. Also asked u got tier-I. I said 'yes'. She also checked my list of absences from UK.(113 days). I had prepared covering letter. But she did not even opened that. Took photocopies of above documents. Asked to come at 3 pm to collect passport at counter 22. But officer did not specifically mentioned that application is successful. I have also not asked as I assume that it is successful. That is why asked to collect to passport. Everything almost finished in 15mins

3:00- got passport stamped with ILR

Overall good experience except long wait…….

Suggestions:
1)Book appointment for early morning as possible
2)Take sandwiches or anything to eat if there is waiting period.
3)Keep abscence from UK list very clear. Saw many cases where candidates was struglling on this point with visa officer.
4)Arrange ur documents very well. Very sad to see that one candidate was giving 12 payslips as 12 separate papers. Atleast it should stapled or clipped properly. Its just easy for officer to refer.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi,

Congrats on your success and thaks for sharing your expereince.

Did you take your wife along? Do we need to take dependants along. I have a small kid so don't really want to take her along unless really required.

also I assume that the salary slips can be any 12 months from previous 15months and corresponding bank statements??

yanbo
Newly Registered

Re: Success at Croydon 14 dec 2011

Post by yanbo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 am

Yogiyogi wrote:Very sad to see that one candidate was giving 12 payslips as 12 separate papers. Atleast it should stapled or clipped properly. Its just easy for officer to refer.
Thanks for the advice but aren't all payslips issued monthly - each on a separate paper? I will put mine in time order and clip them together.

Btw, congratulations! :)

ramdesh
Newly Registered

Congrulations

Post by ramdesh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:28 am

Hey Yogi Congratulations,

I have few questions on filling application Can you please help?

1) Under section 9 Tier 1 Assessment sub section "A4" start and end dates of the period(s) for which you are claiming previous earnings:, I am confused here. Do I have to fill the date when i first applied for Tier 1 or the recent 12 months from the date of ILR application. Also, the amount I should show in section A6 should it be total last 12 months earning from ILR date or the Tier 1 date?

2) I have more than 180 days of absence from the UK So should I say "Yes" in the D2 section.

Thank you in Advance

Best of luck for your future!!!
Ramdesh

krish2050
Newly Registered

Post by krish2050 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Here you go

a. It is for mentioning the start and end date for the period which you are claiming the earnings.
For E.g., if a person is claiming the earnings between July2010 to June2011 and has changed the job once (Nov2010) b/w this period then
Startdate = july 2010, end date= nov2010
Start date= Dec 201, end date=june 2011

b. Yes

I hope this will help

Aug07

Post by Aug07 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi.. Congrats
I have one query about cohabitation documents u atatched.
What is the format of GP letter ?
Also one more query
Instead of P60 can we attach P45 for 5 years?