ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Appealed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spiritz
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Appealed

Post by spiritz » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi all,
Like many of you I am also waiting for either a reconsideration or court date. I have not heard anything from them since the letter of acknowledgement, so was going to call them. Should I?
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process (prob not but worth a question).

Spiritz

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 pm

As far as I know there is nothing we can do to speed up the process. If you find a way let us all know! It's the holy grail of appealing ridiculous visa refusal decisions...

At least with the initial application you can track it online. Shame there's no such thing for appeal and that they have so long to get on with it.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 pm

The average time it takes to get a hearing date is around 6 months.If by any chance you are successful it could take another 6-8 weeks before the visa is stamped in the passport.

However there is a slight possibility that upon review by an ECM, might overturn the initial decision. that can take up to 2-3 months. :wink:

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:54 am

Hello everyone,

I emailed last week to Delhi BHC for the status of our appeal and this is what they replied:

"Thank you for your email which we received on 15/12/2011.

Please note that your appeal papers were sent to the UK on 12/12/2011.

A decision on your case will now take place in the UK, not in India. We have no influence at all over how long the appeal process takes but you should be aware that it can often take several months for the appeal to be heard. We would appreciate it if you could help us to continue providing a good service to all of our customers by not telephoning, or visiting this office, to check on the progress of your appeal. We are not updated on the progress of individual appeals, and we are unable to give you an idea of how long your application will take to be heard.

An Immigration Judge will determine the outcome of your appeal. This decision will then be sent to you and to our office. If your appeal is successful, and unchallenged by the Home Office, we will proceed with your application. If your appeal fails, your case will be regarded as closed."

Now my question is have they decided to proceed to court or is there something now to worry abt?
what's going to happen now?

thnks in advance guys..

spiritz
Newly Registered

Post by spiritz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Thanks Batley khan for your reply:
"The average time it takes to get a hearing date is around 6 months.If by any chance you are successful it could take another 6-8 weeks before the visa is stamped in the passport.
However there is a slight possibility that upon review by an ECM, might overturn the initial decision. that can take up to 2-3 months."

Just an update I did call the enquiry dept and I got what I would call a standard reply i.e. "Please wait and we will contact you accordingly."

I am very happy for those who have had their decisions overturned recently and pray the rest of us get a positive response soon. Ameen.
As I write this I try to be positive about hubbys appeal but think it's not going to happen.

Spiritz

melliek11

Post by melliek11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I hope you guys hear soon, its a drain all this waiting. we have been fighting against our settlement visa refusal since jan09 and in october we went to appeal for the 3rd time and the judge allowed it, the home office didnt appeal against it.

so you would think that by now my husband would have been contacted to have his visa stamped, but no still nothing. I have emailed through worldbridge and keep getting told its with a ECM waiting for review. totally confused, I have faxed and they didnt even get back to us, that was 2 weeks ago. i have called the embassy and no answer. today i emailed through worldbridge again and am told taht they dont deal with appeals and to wait the full 12 weeks before i contact the embassy. Um joke, they are uncontactable!!

This is week 8 and still not heard a thing. i doubt we will hear before xmas and it wil probably be way into the new year.

anyway, i really hope you hear soon when your appeal hearing is as i know how hard this waiting it, especially with 2 children involved. The waiting continues after court.
melanie

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:17 pm

did u receive any determination letter mentioning that the judge has allowed the appeal..if yes, u can fax the concerned ECo....dats what i read on one of the forums recently... ayb the moderators will be able to clarify more on that....
this is not the way the officers should be behaving wid u...

melliek11

Post by melliek11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I recieved it on october 27th, waited 3 weeks then i actually called the homeoffice myself and they told me they werent challenging the decision adn they emailed the determination through to the embassy in istanbul.

they recieved it on 17th november, so it is only 5 weeks they say it can take 8 weeks after they recieve determination. its so bad as our little boy is really unwell, he has terrible allergies and acid reflux so bad that he screams alomost constantly, i mentioned this in the fax and they still didn't get back to us. they are a disgrace. just hopefully it will be soon.

i have seen on a few forums that it only takes 4 or 5 maybe 6 weeks max. or it takes the full 12 weeks, never over. so it will be mid of jan for us if this is anything to go by.

hope you hear soon
melanie

spiritz
Newly Registered

Post by spiritz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Visa was refused on the ECO not being satisfied that our financezz were adequate. I really think the ECO has over looked savings account as this has not mentioned this in the decision made.

I have had to leave work due to personal reasons explained this fully on application (backed up with relevant docs etc), so in the case of hubby we gave in a genuine job offer along with proof of savings.

Have i missed anything?

sent appeal with further docx waitinggggg ........... aaaahhhhhhh!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 am

spiritz wrote:Visa was refused on the ECO not being satisfied that our financezz were adequate. I really think the ECO has over looked savings account as this has not mentioned this in the decision made.

I have had to leave work due to personal reasons explained this fully on application (backed up with relevant docs etc), so in the case of hubby we gave in a genuine job offer along with proof of savings.

Have i missed anything?

sent appeal with further docx waitinggggg ........... aaaahhhhhhh!!!
I get the impression that he does not feel that the money you have shown is adequate and enough for you to live on.

You not working and no guarantee that your hubby will be able to find job on arrival in UK means you have no steady incoming coming in, and that you may eventually have to resort to claiming public funds and that is why i believe he has refused your application.

spiritz
Newly Registered

Post by spiritz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Batleykhan:
I get the impression that he does not feel that the money you have shown is adequate and enough for you to live on.

You not working and no guarantee that your hubby will be able to find job on arrival in UK means you have no steady incoming coming in, and that you may eventually have to resort to claiming public funds and that is why i believe he has refused your application.
Thankyou for your reply, but is there anything I can do now?
Does the genuine job offer also sent in not count towards anything. Pls help...

Spiritz (also in Batley!!)

spiritz
Newly Registered

Post by spiritz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Does the genuine job offer also sent in not count towards anything. Pls help...
ANYONE!! :?: