ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Things to keep track of for ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Things to keep track of for ILR applications

Post by kirankaja12 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi,

I just applied for Tier 1 General renewal and so am at least a couple of years away from applying for ILR. But looking through some of the postings here, I realise that I need to keep track of certain things such as my absences from the UK for the last 5 years before applying and also all the payslips/P60s. And I am trying to identify these so that I can keep track of them from now on at least.

1. Absences from the UK: I believe I shouldn't be outside the UK for more than 180 days in total in the last 5 year period. I travel to mainland Europe for work purposes for short trips usually for a day or two. Should these be counted as part of 180 days as well? I believe the longest absence from UK would be 3.5 weeks. Further, do I need to list each and every absence in the ILR application form? If this is the case, I wil have to dig out these dates from stamps in my passport. I wish they stamped my passport when I leave the UK as well. That would make it easier for obtaining these dates.

2. Economic Activity for 5 years: I may be able to keep all the payslips and can get letter from my current employer as well as the previous one (hopefully). P60s also shouldn't be a problem. Do I need to produce bank statements for 5 years as well showing that salary payments have been credited?

3. Residence proofs: Do I need to produce proof of residences for all the 5 years? This will be almost impossible.

I am aware that rules may change in the next couple of years but I think the above items will continue to form basis of ILR applications. So, any help / comments on the above are greatley appreciated.