ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can an application be declared invalid after biometrics?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Can an application be declared invalid after biometrics?

Post by stephalphs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:42 am

Hello,
I submitted a tier 4 application exactly 2 weeks ago, and because I did not meet the requirements (No CAS and ATAS), I was worried my application will be rejected as invalid, although my lawyer put in a cover letter stating we will send those in due time. I know I will most likely be refused, but I do not want the application to be rejected as it would mean I have overstayed.
So now, I received acknowledgement of recipt a week later, and biometrics letter a few days after that.
Can i now assume that since I have received the biometrics letter, my application is considered as valid? Is it possible to receive biometrics invitation and then have the application rejected as invalid?
One more thing, how I can buy time in the mean time so I can get every other thing ready before giving biometrics?
Thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:48 am

It would be unusual for an application to be rejected as invalid after the biometrics letter has been sent out.

An application would not be rejected as invalid due to not having an ATAS or CAS, instead the application will be refused (validity refers only to things such as paying the correct fee, completing the correct form, signing it, completing mandatory sections of the form, enclosing photos meeting the photo guidance).

If you want to buy more time then you can delay making your biometric appointment (you should do this in fact as once you give biometrics your application will be passed to the casework team for consideration). Make sure you contact them within 15 days of the biometric letter to make an appointment however. Also note that even if you obtain a CAS now, they could refuse your application because you didn't have the CAS, and therefore didn't have the required points, on the date of the application.

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 am

Thank you Greenie for the prompt response. I am grateful. One more thing, assuming i get refused (which is most likely to happen), i will still be eligible to apply out of the country (with the required documents) immediately without attracting the automatic one year ban?
Thanks again

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

All is well now.
Thank you Greenie for reassuring me.
Received my documents now and waiting patiently for the BRP.
:D :)