ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on list of absences spreadsheet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yameen
Newly Registered

Clarification on list of absences spreadsheet

Post by Yameen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi,

Just before I start, I want to mention that this forum is very informative and has helped me clarify quite a few things on my ILR but I have a query as below:

I wonder if somebody who has used this spreadsheet (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64235) could help me clarify issues on the spreadsheet.

The calculation formula for "days away" is something like this:

=IF((B10-A10)-1>0,(B10-A10)-1,0)

I just don't get the logic of -1days? Is it something like you can't be travelling 24hrs to reach India or something?

I would have thought for example:

Date left UK: 25/12/2007
Date Arrived UK: 21/01/2008

Difference I believe = 27, but the spreadsheet shows = 26

Help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
YM

settled_now

Re: Clarification on list of absences spreadsheet

Post by settled_now » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:25 am

I wouldn't rely on a formula that inludes your departure date.

UKBA can only see when you arrive at your destination - they rely 100% on your passport for departure dates. Your time away is the FULL days you are out of the country, so don't count your destination stamp nor arrival back to the UK -only the days in between.

They are not allowed to challenge your calculation if your stamps seem to support it. They MUST give you the benefit of the doubt.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Having checked it, the formula works. The date in column B is the date of arriving back in the UK, and the date in column A is the date of leaving the UK.

That is, it counts just the days wholly out of the UK, between the departure date and the arrival back date.
John

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm

John wrote:

Having checked it, the formula works. The date in column B is the date of arriving back in the UK, and the date in column A is the date of leaving the UK.

That is, it counts just the days wholly out of the UK, between the departure date and the arrival back date.
Thanks Settle_now and John for your responses.

Now, does that mean that I put the stamped date arrived at the destination as = date left the UK in the application form? Could anybody who has done this please could you confirm?

I understand they don't challenge you on that but I wouldn't have been so particular if my days were not close to 180. My total stamped arrival between India and the UK works out to 176 but I could remember one of the days where I left the UK on 15th and the stamp of arrival in immigration in India was 16th.

In addition, guys I would be grateful if you could add some light to this:

Cohabitation evidence:

I have lived in accommodation which generally has had all bills included so I guess the UKBA accepts the tenancy agreements as evidence of cohabitation.

When my wife first arrived here, we lived temporarily as free guest in my mates accommodation until our new build flats were completed by the landlord and it was only then we signed the tenancy agreement when the accomodation was ready to get in. How do I show the the period we lived with my mate (for roughly 5 weeks) as evidence? Is a letter from my friend acceptable to the UKBA? My wife's been here only since last 6 months.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:07 pm

Now, does that mean that I put the stamped date arrived at the destination as = date left the UK in the application form? Could anybody who has done this please could you confirm?
The form asks for the date of departure from the UK, and the date of arrival in the UK. Simply provide that information.

The form does not ask when you arrived at your destination, or when you left to return to the UK.
John

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:53 pm

John wrote:
The form asks for the date of departure from the UK, and the date of arrival in the UK. Simply provide that information.

The form does not ask when you arrived at your destination, or when you left to return to the UK.
Thanks John.

My other query regarding cohabitation has been answered in other post, where you refered it to SET(M) for acceptable cohabitation documents by UKBA. That was useful as they accept a letter from my friend.

Thanks again.