ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start point for reckonable residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Erik84

Start point for reckonable residence

Post by Erik84 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 am

Hi all,

Im Swedish and my wife is a non-EU citizen. My wife came to Ireland for the first time on the 7th December 2006 on a type D visa as spouse of EU citizen.
She has lived in Ireland since this date with no trip outside Ireland longer than three months (tons of short ones though).

On the 17th August 2007, she received Stamp 4 (EU Fam).

Im wondering if my wife can apply for citizenship now or if she has to wait until August 2012 to get five years of reckonable residence.

Further information, in her old passport she has the following:

Immigration officer Dublin Airport 7 Dec 2006, Permission to remain in Ireland until 31 Jan 2007, for the purpose of Visit Husband EU Nat

Immigration officer Dublin Airport 11 May 2007, Permission to remain in Ireland until 11 Jun 2007, for the purpose of Registration [Upon coming back from a short trip abroad]

Visa type D from 15 Oct 2006 to 14 Jan 2007
Visa type D from 8 Dec 2006 to 8 Jun 2007

Thanks!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:48 am

you can check it out filling the forms called residence calcultar.if she is qualified it will appear in the screen.www.inis.gov.ie citizenship residence calcultar. good luck

Erik84

Post by Erik84 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah, I tried, but Im not sure what to fill in prior to 17 Aug 2007 (when my wife got Stamp 4).

In residence calculator, in the stamp menu one can choose from 1-6 and A,C or D. Is D the same as visa type D, and if yes, is it the dates on the entry stamp at Dublin airport that count, or the validity of the visa (or a combination)?

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Erik84 wrote:Yeah, I tried, but Im not sure what to fill in prior to 17 Aug 2007 (when my wife got Stamp 4).

In residence calculator, in the stamp menu one can choose from 1-6 and A,C or D. Is D the same as visa type D, and if yes, is it the dates on the entry stamp at Dublin airport that count, or the validity of the visa (or a combination)?
You have to use the standard 5years calculation for your spouse.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator

And the start the calculation from the date on the stamp that she received at the airport, the first time she arrived should be the default, except AFTER her arrival she had gone again to GNIB/EU unit to "register"

###Based on 7th August 2007 and 30 December 2011.###

green tick - Residency in year prior to application ok

green tick - Has 5 Years Residency

Alternatively, you can write to the Garda Supretendent and request a detailed letter showing your reckon-able residency details.

All the best

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

yes you ask the gnib officer to print for you.if you explain them the situation they will willing to help you out.