ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN WE APPLY WITHIN 1YR ( FINISHED STUDIES THIS MONTH)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sivapathi
Newly Registered

CAN WE APPLY WITHIN 1YR ( FINISHED STUDIES THIS MONTH)

Post by sivapathi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi All,

Great forum , very helpful and thanks to everyone and keep up the good work..

i finished my graduation this november , will get my certificate in jan , i want to know if i am eligible to apply psw within 1yr from now, though from april psw is abolished . But since i am graduated before the rule is implemented and i should be entitled to the old rule ( which says we can apply psw within 1yr of our graduation ) ..

By the way one of my friends said that ukba has removed from its website that they will abolish psw from april and he also said that ukba might extend it till august .. ( pls , it can be a rumour but just incase if anyone heard about that..)

please give your opinions.... Thank You Very much...

Cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:40 pm

You will need to apply before PSW closes, which at the moment is due to be in April. If you can post a link to a reliable source that PSW is going to be extended to August, then please do so.

wazobia

Re: CAN WE APPLY WITHIN 1YR ( FINISHED STUDIES THIS MONTH)

Post by wazobia » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:06 pm

sivapathi wrote:
i finished my graduation this november , will get my certificate in jan , i want to know if i am eligible to apply psw within 1yr from now, though from april psw is abolished . But since i am graduated before the rule is implemented and i should be entitled to the old rule ( which says we can apply psw within 1yr of our graduation ) ..
That one year rule only applies to people who would have graduated on or before April 2010. In your case, you have no choice but to apply before April 2012 if you want to get a PSW visa.

sivapathi
Newly Registered

Post by sivapathi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 am

Greenie wrote:You will need to apply before PSW closes, which at the moment is due to be in April. If you can post a link to a reliable source that PSW is going to be extended to August, then please do so.
Thank you Greenie , will definetly post once i find the link ..

sivapathi
Newly Registered

Re: CAN WE APPLY WITHIN 1YR ( FINISHED STUDIES THIS MONTH)

Post by sivapathi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:51 am

wazobia wrote:
sivapathi wrote:
That one year rule only applies to people who would have graduated on or before April 2010. In your case, you have no choice but to apply before April 2012 if you want to get a PSW visa.
Thanks Wazobia, i will apply before april 2012... cheers