ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reference Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

romanov74
Newly Registered

Reference Letter

Post by romanov74 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Dear Comrades,
I plan to apply for th HSMP soon,However I need some clarification regarding the reference/experience letter.

I only have the appointment letter from my previous employer and now i am away from india and i have no idea abt this company, i.e functioning or not.But I worked there for 5 years and need to prove it to claim my points.

Will only an appointment letter with job profile,joing date suffice? If no? How can i prove my experience in this scenario?

Did anyone else face a similar situation ? If yes? what was the solution?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi romanov74,

Unfortunately it will be very very dificalt to claim points only having
appointment letter. Could you please tell me what is writen in letter.
As I know there should not be enough information to describe your role.
Try to contact with you employer and take reference leter detailed describing your graduate level experiance.

Good luck.

Post by 1971 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:05 am

Hi,

Get in touch with company in India or send anyone to confirm their existence. If so, prepare a detailed letter stating your roles/responsibilities, type of employment(Full time), start and finish dates, salary, and staing that you were employed because the position requires someone with a bachelor/ masters degree and that it is a graduate level position. Also, see if you can lay your hands on the advert for same position and give this to your former employer to state on their letterheaded paper of the company.

If this is not available, simply state all the details as listed above and attach it to the employment letter and state it clearly in the cover letter. Let a notary public stamp and sign it off.

I know thios works.

Regards