ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Backlog cases 2011.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pageup
Member of Standing

Backlog cases 2011.

Post by pageup » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 am

I am new on this forum,

I have been in UK for 9 and half years, Iapplied for a case in August 2010, but was refused in sep 2010, went to different solicitor, applied again for reconsideration, they put me for the sign on department every week, then in march 2011, received a letter from UKBA, saying send your passport photos and any other documents for yourself... send them through my solicitor, but still waiting for the reply.. Can any body please share their experience on this... what is happening with my case??
Second, I have also send them a letter saying if they refuse our case we will go to high court, that was on the advise from my solicitor, he charge me for this, but he said, my case will be stronger because UKBA, will know we will go to high court if they refuse...

I have all my orginal documents driving licence, ni, medica card, every thing from uk... I came to uk when i was 13,, then i was granted 1 year each visa from ukba...

Can any one advise me on this..
What are the chances for me to get indefinite visa??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Backlog cases 2011.

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am

pageup wrote: Iapplied for a case in August 2010,
What was this "case" regarding?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pageup
Member of Standing

BACKLOG CASES 2011.

Post by pageup » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I applied for a visa as being a dependent on my brother, who is british citizen, i hope this make sense. now.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 am

pageup wrote:I recivded a letter from UKBA, in March 2011, saying send your passport size photos, and any relevenat documents... we will consider them either to give you a visa or will remove you...

I send the required documents, but still not yet recived any reply. ..

About my self.
I have been in this country since June 2002, I came here when I was about 13 years old. I have my brother here who is british, I went to school, college and univerisaty now am about to finish my studies.. I have all the documents from this country like full driving licence, ni,, all the neccssary documents, except proper visa,,

i was on two occains granted discretinary visa for 1 year each...

current situation;
I go to sign on department every week, been going there since March 2011, Is it safe what your opinion, please..

and also, along with the application, i send the letter saying we will go to high court if they refuse me, that was on the advise from my solictor.. he charge us 1000 for this and said will charge more if we really be in the court like hiring the barristor...

can any body advise me how long it will take them to decide on whether to grant me visa or not, i hope some one reading this got the rough picture of my immigration background.. i will turn 24 in feburary 2012.

where things stand,,, i have brother who is british, am living with him, i have all my cousins, who are british also,,, all my aunts, uncle, who are here i have strong contact, or friendship with them..

i hope some one expert can help me on the information provided above what do you think, how likely is it for me to get their postive reply from UKBA, and by when roughly,,,

will be waiting for the useful reply from some one,, perhaps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 am

gads wrote:Get your local mp involved to Chase it up

pageup
Member of Standing

back log cases 2011.

Post by pageup » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I was hoping to get the more descriptive reply from some one sharing the experince with me.. so please give your opinion

its been about 32 weeks since UKBA, (march 2011) agaency have recived my data, but no reply, any idea by when i should hear from them,,

i heard by 2012, april, they are hoping to clear the backlog cases,

what do you all think?

thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:10 pm

cases like yours are complicated, and no case is the same, someone could tell you about their experience but this could be completely irrelevent to your case.

From what you have said, you have a good chance of being allowed to remain here given the length of time you have been here, your age when you arrived, and your family ties. However without knowing all of your details no one can advise you on the scant information you have given.

In addition to this, unfortuantely the CAAU works like no other department of the UKBA, cases are not necessarily considered in order or receipt, and there are no set timeframes for cases to be considered. You just need to wait and make sure that UKBA is aware of all of your circumstances. The best advice anyone can offer you has been given - ask your MP to contact CAAU, and find yourself a decent immigration solicitor/adviser, you should be entitled to free legal help as presumably you don't currently have the right to work?

pageup
Member of Standing

backlog cases 2011

Post by pageup » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:49 pm

people often say that it is better to keep quite then to ask UKBA people to conclude your case, the longer you are in this country the better it is for you, my solictor tole me the same thing,,,

along with my documents which i sent to ukba, i sent them a letter saying i will go to high court if they refuse my case, my solictor said we will get their reply b y april-may 2011, because i sent my papers in march 11,, all the papers went through my solictor .

do u think i have some chance of being granted indefinate visa, if i explain the situation to the judge in high court... the family ties i have here in this country my brother and all my other realtives in uk who are all british... i have been to school since i have arrived here, i started from gcse and now am about to finish my univerist degree.. i have now even uk driving licence and all the relvent documents..( except visa)..

i want to get the visa from ukba asap so that i can work in a company,, if you all know what i mean... .

i hope i get some reply...

if i don,t get the reply from ukba agency by 2012 december, should i ask them to reopen my case, by then i will have spent 10 years and 6 months in uk..
thanks.

pageup
Member of Standing

BACKLOG CASES 2011

Post by pageup » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:49 pm

still no reply for the post i sent last, I though i write again.... to see if any one replies,,

what are the chances for to win in high court? has any one been there? I know every case is different, but still want some one advise on high court process...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:38 pm

the high court cannot decide or order that you are granted ILR. You would apply for a JR of the delay/failure of UKBA to make a decision on your case. The HC can order that a decision is made, but they can't order what decision at this stage. Without knowing all of your circumstances it is impossible to say whether you have a good chance of being granted ILR.

pageup
Member of Standing

Is there any legacy for new year 2012.

Post by pageup » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 pm

I thiught, I should wrire to ask, whether there will be any kind of new legacy to conclude the cases like mine, People who have been in uk for last 9 or 10 years,,,

Also, I have been going to sign on department every week, is it safe to go there? I have been going there for about last 30 weeks..

thanks.

pageup
Member of Standing

advise NEEDED.

Post by pageup » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Hello every one;

I thought i should share my horror dream or fact with every one.

if some one has read my previous message about what my immigration background is. :roll: you will have the better picture of me!

i was arrested from sign on department from 09-01-12, monday and released on 22-02-12, after trying so hard for bail and the normal procedure.

i was released to sign on again, which i will go obviously, my case is in judicial review, 25 of my british relatives have submitted their british passport copies along with my papers, am living with my brother who is also british...

does any one know what are the chances for me to win in judicial review?

i have been in uk from the age of 14, now am 24. went school,college,univeristy in uk. have my all other documents except the visa... before i turned 18, i was granted visa on 2 times...

what my chances to be deported back to my home land, if they arrest me again from sign on. what is the appeal procedure after judicial review.

any question please ask me,

i have lot to tell about the time i spent in different detention center in case some one needs to know! and what happens there.

pageup
Member of Standing

advise needed.

Post by pageup » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Please read my other posts to find more about my immigration history.

Key Facts about me.

Have been in UK for last 10 years. from the age of 14-24.

Now case is in Judicial Review.

But, am planing to marry a France girl, (European citizen) not british girl.

Marriage will be geniune, same religion, same cultural background.

What my chances are to get a visa?

can some one advise me on this?

I hope you all got my point.

pageup
Member of Standing

Immigration.

Post by pageup » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

I am surprised, on the fact that no one is giving me the advise. PLEASE, PLEASE DO REPLY.

Where do I stand in terms of my immigration history?

and How soon I will get some sort of visa from Home office? Whether from Home office, on the basis I spent 10 years in UK, or on the basis am married to European girl?

Please do advise me.

What do I need to do in terms of registering my marriage under english law or under UK LAW?

Please see my other emails. to get a better picture of me. in terms of immigration.

tier-1

Re: Immigration.

Post by tier-1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

There is a very effective procedure in UK to put the govt organisation on track. They are called ombudsman. UKBA come under parliamentary and health ombudsman.

They are great people. Use them. They are law enforcement bodies for govt organisations. They work under their own legislation and are not even answerable to the parliament of UK, as such.

Take help of ombudsman. If you are right, justice is not more than a month away. Believe me.

pageup
Member of Standing

what do you mean.

Post by pageup » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 pm

I did not understand your post and what are you trying to say regarding my immigration matter.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:05 pm

If the OP has applied for judicial review then I am not sure that applying to the parliamentary ombudsman at this stage would be the correct course of action. Tier 1 your case was completely different to the OP's - he is an irregular migrant and his case is in a backlog of cases.

pageup - your case is complicated no one can really comment in detail without knowing all of the facts and circumstances of your case which is impossible on a public forum. If you have a solicitor he should be advising you on the merits of your case.

pageup
Member of Standing

European Citizein.

Post by pageup » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 pm

If i am married to a european girl, (french) what are my chances to get a visa? Plus my case is also in Judicial review in UK. Spent 10 years in UK.

Will there be problem on registration day?

Just want some one advise/views. please.

I do understand every case is different, but I still accept people to give their views on my situation please.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 pm

is the 'european girl' living in the UK? if so what is she doing, e.g. working, studying etc?

pageup
Member of Standing

EUROPEAN WEDDING.

Post by pageup » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 am

she is in france, she is finishing her studies in france... she is 19 and am 24 years old.

how easy is to get visa from here on this basis? obviously we will send all the paper work to home office, example, registration papers, photos.

what else i should be thinking? at this stage. about applying on wedding basis

i want some one detail views on my immigration, i have been very worried for my immigration matter.

please see my other emails.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: EUROPEAN WEDDING.

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

pageup wrote:she is in france, she is finishing her studies in france... she is 19 and am 24 years old.

how easy is to get visa from here on this basis? obviously we will send all the paper work to home office, example, registration papers, photos.

what else i should be thinking? at this stage. about applying on wedding basis

i want some one detail views on my immigration, i have been very worried for my immigration matter.

please see my other emails.
if she is living in france then getting married to her will make no difference to your right to remain in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Greenie wrote:Unless she is living in the UK and exercising her treaty rights here, i.e. As a worker, student etc, then marrying her will make no difference to your case. According to your previous thread she is living and studying in France.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 pm

pageup wrote:I am married to a french citizen, she is working now in UK, and earning
£ 300 a week, i have now applied for a resident permit. on behalf of her husband. made the new application to home office.

I have been in uk for last 10 years, see my other posts. My Judicial review has been refused, many times my application has been refused, but now am married, Is my past record going to affect my NEW marriage application??

or this application will be considered on marriage merits?

really need your advise.

thanks.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Provided that your wife is a qualified person living in the UK, then it should be considered on marriage merits, subject to 20(1).