ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing or Council Tax benefit details

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gentlejuke

Housing or Council Tax benefit details

Post by gentlejuke » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi John,

I would be very thankful to you if you could suggest on my context below. Your time would be more appreciated.

Family: We (Parents-ILR, YoungerKid-British, Elder-ILR) all stay to-gether.
Source of Income: I work and salary is £40K per annum.
Benifits Using: Child Benefint

Queries -
1. If I apply for Council Tax benefit, how much Tax will be deducted per month approximately, my savings are less than 16000/- per year(as per BHM council rule).
2. I am planning to move from permanent to self-employment, so I am also validating support that I get through benefits in case required in future.
3. Also where can I check what is the criteria for success of Housing Benefit application.

You response is more valuable for me to do risk assesment as I am planning to start self-employment.

Thanks,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 pm

there is no immigration element to your query. in addition, no one can possibly tell you how much housing benefit you are likely to get without knowing how much you are earning after tax, how much you have in savings, and your local housing allowance etc. However, I doubt that on a salary of £40k that you would be entitled to housing benefit.

try benefits calculator - say that you are British otherwise it will say it cannot calculate your entitlement (entitlement to Housing Benefit is no different if you are British than if you have ILR so the results will be the same).

gentlejuke

Post by gentlejuke » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks for your time on responding Greenie.

I had checked 'Benefits calculator' and I am not eligible any benefits other than 'Chaild Benefit' which I am using at the moment.

I understand that If I move to self employment then if circumstances changes then I could be eligible.

May I know, Council Tax Benefit will be applicable for the people who has own house in mortgage?

Cheers,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Not unless you're on a low income.