ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from previous employer.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

njzy
Newly Registered

Letter from previous employer.

Post by njzy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,

I'm preparing for my documents for the ILR application as a Tier 2 immigrant, and was advised by the visa/immigration agency that works for my current employer.

After getting the letter from my employer, they have advised that I need to get a letter from my previous employer when I was a work permit holder.

I couldn't find any relevant information from the UKBA site and thought a letter from my current employer would be enough to support my application. Anyone had similar experiences before, and could advise me on this issue?

Thank you,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Letter from previous employer.

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:36 am

njzy wrote:After getting the letter from my employer, they have advised that I need to get a letter from my previous employer when I was a work permit holder.
Not required. The WP authorisation letter should be sufficient ... along with any tax documents (P45/P60) or salary slips or bank statements showing salary credits ... issued for the period in question.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!