ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview Questions- Have You Registered to Vote?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eva82me

Passport Interview Questions- Have You Registered to Vote?

Post by eva82me » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 am

My husband is going to have his Passport Interview soon.

We have gone through all the topics regarding the IPS interview.

There is only one question we felt concerned, it is 'have you registered to vote?'

- He hasn't register to vote yet, he received the register form in his British Ceremony. But he forgot to complete it and send it out, will this affect the interview?

Should we do it right now?

Any advices are much appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Angell

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:30 am

This is not an exam and there aren't any tricky questions. Just answer yes or no depending whether he has registered or not.

The aim of the interview is to determine his identify and making sure he is the person who applied for the passport. One of the ways this is done is by asking personal questions such as if you are listed in the electoral register or not. It is not intended to ask why yes or not.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 am

[quote="Jambo"]This is not an exam and there aren't any tricky questions. Just answer yes or no depending whether he has registered or not.

Thank you very much for the reply. I think I will post the letter out tomorrow anyway.

Thank you again!!