ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for WP----------- Help needed.....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pure desire

ILR for WP----------- Help needed.....

Post by pure desire » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi all members, moderators n rest

First of all I would like to congratulate you guys on making such a wonderful forum for immigrants like us. It is a wonderful experience so far.

Now lets come to the point: -
I am on an old work permit and I am eligible to apply for ILR in Dec 2012. I am having some doubts, which I would like to discuss with u all.
  • 1. Right now my pay is according to SOC code, have u guys heard anything about will they increase it in near future or if so will I be treated as in old rules?? Also I had a pay rise ever since I had my WP will it effect my ILR application, as it is only increase by £2,000 ever since my WP was granted?

2. I also worked another job during this five years time, which is not in the same field as my WP. As I recently read it suppose to be in the same field and same level and should be on part time basis. I know there is no place in SET[O] form about other job will it effect my application?

3. I was being paid less pay in the start then what it suppose to be on my WP for the first 15months and then it increases to the pay i suppose to get as per my WP (the pay my WP was granted for). Now I am worried to take my first 2 P60's to PEO as I am thinking to apply for ILR through PEO. Some one advised me that it is possible to amend my first 15 months pay but for that I am not sure if my employer will help me in that or not but i need to ask for an advise that should I have to amend it or should i leave it like that and not produce first 2 P60's at PEO.

4. Last but not the least, will it be better for me to apply through PEO or through post?? As I have heard that if they refuse your application u will not be given the right to appeal if u have Leave to remain as in my case I am planning to apply almost 28 days before my five years complete as per rules I will be eligible?
Thank you all for your patience for reading it all I am sure there will be quite a few people like me who may be reluctant to ask these kinds of things online,by replying and helping me you will help many other fellow members too.

Waiting for you kind n humble replies.

Regards
Last edited by pure desire on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

1. Even though you are considered to be part of the old work permit system, your pay rate will need to be reflected according to the new rules. You will need to be earning the correct hourly rate for the SOC code that matched your job. You can have pay rises as long as it is not very different (within moderation) to what you started with. £2000 pay rise over 5 years in fine.

2. I'm not 100% sure about having a second job. As far as I'm aware you are not meant to have another job.

3. This is a tough one. Some people will argue that you need to provide all 5 P60's. Other people (and I will be one of these) will tell you that nowhere in the rules does it say you must provide all your P60's. It is ok to submit an Employment History from HMRC. {phone HMRC on 08453000627 - option 2 ; 3 ; 6}. Do this at least 3 weeks before you apply so that it will cover a 5 year period. This will be proof that you have been working as work permit holder for 5 years.

4. I would recomend applying at a PEO. Try to book and appointment about a month in advance to avoid not being able to get a date in time. I have read on forums, and had a friend of mine tell me that had she not gone in person she could have been refused. My friends employers letter was slighty incorrect and the officer allowed her to get it corrected. I assume that if she had applied by post they may not have been so nice!

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 pm

thanks Daphne_ZA for your reply i really appreciate that and is quite helpful but:

Code: Select all

3. This is a tough one. Some people will argue that you need to provide all 5 P60's. Other people (and I will be one of these) will tell you that nowhere in the rules does it say you must provide all your P60's. It is ok to submit an Employment History from HMRC. {phone HMRC on 08453000627 - option 2 ; 3 ; 6}. Do this at least 3 weeks before you apply so that it will cover a 5 year period. This will be proof that you have been working as work permit holder for 5 years. 
If i will provide them with Employment History firstly it will show my low pay for the first 2 years which is the one of the main concern and also it will show my other job in that which they might not find out but if they will see that they will know that i was or am doing a second job at the same time ??

Also in this point:

Code: Select all

4.I would recomend applying at a PEO. Try to book and appointment about a month in advance to avoid not being able to get a date in time. I have read on forums, and had a friend of mine tell me that had she not gone in person she could have been refused. My friends employers letter was slighty incorrect and the officer allowed her to get it corrected. I assume that if she had applied by post they may not have been so nice!
My concern is only if in case it will be refused i heard if u have Leave to remain at the date of refusal u will not be given the right to appeal? which i hope will not be in my case but hypothetically in case i will go 28 days before my Leave to remain expire and they refuse it. I will not be able to appeal is it right ?? I hope it will not happen to any one including me

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:16 pm

any reply.......???

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 am

Any one help plz.......!!!!!!!!!