ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted on 5 year continuous WP in closed category

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cssaini
Newly Registered

ILR granted on 5 year continuous WP in closed category

Post by cssaini » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi Just to update you all that my ILR is finally been granted last week without any hassle. I am really thankful to this forum and all the people and moderators associated with it. My case was 5 year continued work permit employment with same company but my work permit was under closed category without any SOC or Code of Practice published by UKBA. You can find my post at the link below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I been following this forum since last year and it’s been really helpful getting the latest information from various members here and keeping myself updated with the different rule changes and in particular the recent changes in the rules since April 2011.

I followed the advice and the experience shared by various members and arranged documents as per listed on this website. I even had one of my p60 missing for year 2008 but followed the advice on this website about the missing P60 and wrote to HMRC to provide me with the employment history letter to cover up for the missing P60. Though in the end I had to go via solicitor because of my busy schedule and not getting the home office dates till next year but process was straight forward. I prepared the employer letter very much the same as given on the link above and furnished all the documents to my solicitor including:

• 12 month payslips including this month
• 4 year P60 and HMRC letter covering 2008 including that year March payslip.
• Employer letter exactly the same as given on my post (link above)
• 6 months bank statements
• Council tax yearly statement as I pay my tax via direct debit.
• Original WP letter and Technical update letter as my office moved last year
• Life in UK pass certificate
• Mortgage statement
• My salary review letters (which solicitor says may not require)
• My rent slips as I have shared ownership (which solicitor again says may not require)
• Passport and bankers draft for £1350 (which was the toughest thing to acquire as I do banking with nationwide and they being building society don’t do bankers draft but instead do cashier cheque but I wasn’t sure about taking that risk. Also initially I was planning to go on my own and paying the fee via credit card which would have soften the blow rather than parting away with not only HO fee but also the extra expenditure on solicitor :( )

I submitted all these documents to my solicitor who were pleased with the preparedness as they didn’t have to advise me anything which I wasn’t aware of including the employment letter draft. It a shame I had to go through them rather than going on my own because I couldn’t get the appointment just in time whereas law firm has separate quotas. I even tried Liverpool, Croydon and Glasgow PEO’s but closet dates I was getting were after 3rd of January well after expiry of my visa. Anyhow on the plus note I had added peace of mind for professional solicitors also going through my paper work before submitting it to HO. They submitted my application on 14th December and decision was made on 15th December and I’d given the conformation on 16th as that’s when my solicitor gone to Croydon PEO to collect my passport and documents.

So my only advice is that please keep at least month or two months’ time to book the appointment, if you planning to go in person especially during holiday season. Else you may end up coughing out extra money like me.
Once again I thank everyone including the people who commented and advise me on my previous post mention above. Please feel free to mail me or drop in line and I will be more than happy to answer your queries.

Best wishes :)