ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

amount mismatch between payslip and bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bmetikal
Newly Registered

Post by bmetikal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi, There is a little difference(47 pence more in pay slip) bewteen the amount in pay slip(2010.67) and bank statement(2010.20). Would it create problem when i go for my Tier 1 extension.
Please help me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 pm

No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bmetikal
Newly Registered

Post by bmetikal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:37 pm

My employer(umbrella company) is not responding when i asked for corrected pay slips.
And he is not providing a letter stating this manual error.
1.First place i am worried to go with these incorrect amount pay slips.
2.May be some times it is risky with the pence difference.

So
1. is there any way to complain about the umbrella company.
2.how to get rid of this situation and use the payslips for my visa exetension.
could some one please advice.

kirankaja12
Newly Registered

Post by kirankaja12 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 pm

If I get this right, only the gross salary mentioned on your payslips matters for points calculation. And your bank account shows net salary payments. as ong as they don't greatly differ, you should be fine I think.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Hello,

I am in a similar situation as you where figures on pay slip & bank statement did not match for 1 month due to clerical/accounting error. To make matters worse that amount was adjusted in the following months pay again resulting in mismatched figures on pay slip & bank account.

I have come across cases where mismatched earnings even by a few pennies (on pay slip & bank account) were not considered for that particular month, so there is a risk of you falling short on the income criteria.

You should get a letter from your ex employer that it was a clerical error which resulted in different figures. If they are unwilling to help, make them realise that it was error on part of company's accounting department and they must give you a letter explaining the lapse as it is required by UKBA or you will initiate legal action. This much should be sufficient to get the letter from the company, however, resort to this only as a last option. Get your work done as gently as possible by speaking to someone whom you knew well in management first. company will eventually realise it was their mistake & give you an explanation in writing without any hassles.

Goodluck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:29 am

bmetikal wrote:My employer(umbrella company) is not responding when i asked for corrected pay slips.
And he is not providing a letter stating this manual error.
1.First place i am worried to go with these incorrect amount pay slips.
2.May be some times it is risky with the pence difference.

So
1. is there any way to complain about the umbrella company.
2.how to get rid of this situation and use the payslips for my visa exetension.
could some one please advice.
The difference is too small (47p) to be of any relevance (assuming that we are comparing net salary on payslip against net salary credit in bank account).

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 am

I am sent back at PEO croydon for salary net figure and corresponding Bank credit miss match of just 15p!!
I would strongly suggest to take a letter from your umbrella company seeking the explanation about why this has happened.
Not sure about other PEOs but certainly at Solihul dont take chance.

good luck

MB243

Post by MB243 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 am

pkat wrote:I am sent back at PEO croydon for salary net figure and corresponding Bank credit miss match of just 15p!!
Did the CW give you the option of proceeding with your application if mismatched earnings are reduced to zero (provided you still make the income criteria) ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

pkat wrote:I am sent back at PEO croydon for salary net figure and corresponding Bank credit miss match of just 15p!!
I am shocked, to say the least! Given this, IMHO, UKBA should include the following statement in the policy guidance (and in bold) - "UKBA's caseworkers are not permitted to use common sense when assessing applications"!!! :roll:

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am

Did the CW give you the option of proceeding with your application if mismatched earnings are reduced to zero (provided you still make the income criteria) ?
I didnt get you exactly, but how could you reduce it to zero while CW is sitting next to you. They were not even ready to consider the rest of the salary slips(which were sufficient enough for the points).
I applied again without those salary slips at croydon and just today got the news that I got my tier1 extended (took help of solicitor to book appointment)

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:57 am

I am shocked, to say the least! Given this, IMHO, UKBA should include the following statement in the policy guidance (and in bold) - "UKBA's caseworkers are not permitted to use common sense when assessing applications"!!!
I know it is very sad. even my solicitor said as per the policy guidance the CW are allowed to ignore the mistakes if the rest of the application is proper.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 pm

@pkat - I meant was the CW ready to consider rest of the earnings disrergarding earnings for the months where figures were mismatched, but i got my answer

pmr
Newly Registered

Post by pmr » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi,

I have applied for visa extension by post on 16-Dec-11, I too have the same problem, 20p is more in my payslips, I spoke to my accountant regarding
this problem he told there wont be any issue for 20p. I am worried now after seeing this post.

My visa is valid till 31-Jan-2012.

Can any one please help me regarding this problem.

MB243

Re: amount mismatch between payslip and bank statement

Post by MB243 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 pm

pmr wrote:Hi,

I have applied for visa extension by post on 16-Dec-11, I too have the same problem, 20p is more in my payslips, I spoke to my accountant regarding
this problem he told there wont be any issue for 20p. I am worried now after seeing this post.

Well no one can help at this stage since your application is with HO already.

It all depends on the case worker how they take it. If HO wants to know why there is a difference in figures, they will contact you. If HO sees this as a minor difference, they will discretely grant leave to remain. If they return your application, you may have right to appeal if your current leave has expired. If u still have leave, then you can re apply. Hope that HO refunds the fees if application is returned.

Goodluck

pmr
Newly Registered

Post by pmr » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:57 pm

MB243 wrote:
pmr wrote:Hi,

Well no one can help at this stage since your application is with HO already.

It all depends on the case worker how they take it. If HO wants to know why there is a difference in figures, they will contact you. If HO sees this as a minor difference, they will discretely grant leave to remain. If they return your application, you may have right to appeal if your current leave has expired. If u still have leave, then you can re apply. Hope that HO refunds the fees if application is returned.

Goodluck

Thanks for your reply.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 am

The pay slip generally shows both gross and net (take home) salaries. The bank statement should match with the net payment.

But in your case, one slight mismatch of pew pennies wont cause any issue.

dezialien
Newly Registered

Post by dezialien » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 pm

"If HO wants to know why there is a difference in figures, they will contact you."

This is an old post, but I can assure you all "HO will NOT contact you for any clarification" I speak of personal experiences where my application was rejected by "£1". Yes, "One Pound".

Remember:
*They don't contact you.
*They don't ask for clarifications
* HO Case workers are mostly people without any higher education
*They don't apply common sense

Only way around this is:
*Get letter from employer confirming the difference.
* Atleast, make sure you "declare the error" with application in a Covering letter.
*Finally, you should get a chance to APPEAL, but it will be way faster (but Expensive) reapplying then the time it takes for appeal to be successful and visa getting stamped!

Took me 9 months from application to visa stamp.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

dezialien wrote:"If HO wants to know why there is a difference in figures, they will contact you."

This is an old post, but I can assure you all "HO will NOT contact you for any clarification" I speak of personal experiences where my application was rejected by "£1". Yes, "One Pound".

Remember:
*They don't contact you.
*They don't ask for clarifications
* HO Case workers are mostly people without any higher education
*They don't apply common sense

Only way around this is:
*Get letter from employer confirming the difference.
* Atleast, make sure you "declare the error" with application in a Covering letter.
*Finally, you should get a chance to APPEAL, but it will be way faster (but Expensive) reapplying then the time it takes for appeal to be successful and visa getting stamped!

Took me 9 months from application to visa stamp.
YIKES!! That is pure crazy. The more I read this forum the more disillusioned I become with bureaucracy and the Coalition government (not that I wasn't already...)

pmr have you had any news?

hsshagor
Newly Registered

Payment Mode mismatch between payslip and bank statement

Post by hsshagor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Guyes
I have some problem with my payslip. We always get payslip from employer,
which is in a A4 white paper. I got sign from employer and stamp from them.
Now problem is the payment mode , last six month we receiving cheque instead of BACS. In our payslip it is mention BACS. Also problem with pay date. pay date mention 30 / 31 end of month. But we get paid between 19 to 28 each month. I spoken with company payroll and they did not give any appropriate ans. and they refused to give me any letter. I will appreciate if any one can give me the right advise on this.

hsshagor

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Letter from Employer

Post by iuk_netizen » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi All - the situation is same for me as well, there are difference of 20p in my salary slip and bank statement and more over the salary deposit date is different each month.

Can some one send me the employer letter format please?

Which can explain the difference in the amount.

Manka10

Re: Letter from Employer

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm

iuk_netizen wrote:Hi All - the situation is same for me as well, there are difference of 20p in my salary slip and bank statement and more over the salary deposit date is different each month.

This is what I had put in

To whom it may concern

RE: Mr/Ms XXX (NI no. XXX)

This is to confirm that due to an accounting/clerical error, salary credited in the bank account (sort code, account number) of Mr/Ms XXX for month of XXX, sum total of £XXX, was £XXX more than actual pay of £XXX on the pay slip. This was corrected in (month) wages by deducting £XXX from the figure on (month) payslip of £XXX, reducing the amount deposited in bank to £XXX.

Signed by HR/Accounts

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Re: Letter from Employer

Post by iuk_netizen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:16 am

Manka10 wrote:
iuk_netizen wrote:Hi All - the situation is same for me as well, there are difference of 20p in my salary slip and bank statement and more over the salary deposit date is different each month.

This is what I had put in

To whom it may concern

RE: Mr/Ms XXX (NI no. XXX)

This is to confirm that due to an accounting/clerical error, salary credited in the bank account (sort code, account number) of Mr/Ms XXX for month of XXX, sum total of £XXX, was £XXX more than actual pay of £XXX on the pay slip. This was corrected in (month) wages by deducting £XXX from the figure on (month) payslip of £XXX, reducing the amount deposited in bank to £XXX.

Signed by HR/Accounts

Imran

benneviss

the amount on bank statement doesn't match pay slip

Post by benneviss » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 am

I was working with the small firm and I had been paid by cheque every month. I also incurred some expenses for the firm, which was paid by cheque as well.

I had deposited salary cheque and expenses cheque together with the bank . I was under impression that it would carry different entries however, I just found out that bank has combined both cheque and shown both amount as a single entry. Obviously , the amount on bank statement doesn't match on pay slip . I went to the bank and they said they can't give any explanation . The firm I used to work has closed its business .

to make it simple - Salary on pay slip -£1000
On bank statement - £1000+£58 (expenses) = £1058

Is there any way out ? Please note all are genuine business, it was just mistake happened that deposited both cheque together with one deposit slips .

Any advice highly appreciated

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Sorry mate, I am not sure what advise to give you. The best I can say (which may not be possible) is to either get an explanation letter from the bank or new payslips from the company. If neither of them is possible, you may want to consult a solicitor.

I hope that you would have realized this mistake in the first instance and used different deposit slips next time on wards. If this would have been the case, you would have only one month of salary to worry for (hopefully this would not matter a great deal for your points).

-H

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Post by iuk_netizen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm

There were difference of 20p in my June salary slip and bank statement and also the salary deposit date is different each month.

So I got a Letter from Employer mentioning the Gross and net amount each month in a table format and also the amount & date when the pay is deposited in the bank.

And I got another letter from the employer mentioning the difference of £0.20 from payslip & bank statement.

I got my visa extended on 13th March 2012.