ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport validity requirement for ILR Holders

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Passport validity requirement for ILR Holders

Post by oqureshi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:26 am

Dear All,

I am new to the forum, so please excuse me for asking a question that may have been answered previously (I searched but couldn't find this topic).

My wife and I hold Indefinite Leave to Remain status and have Pakistani passports. My wife is planning to visit her family in Pakistan in May 2012 for a couple of weeks, but her passport expires in July 2012.

For ILR holders, is there a requirement for having a certain number of months validity remaining on your foreign passport while entering the UK? I know that 6 months or longer passport validity is required for visit visa holders.

If there is a validity requirement, then obviously we'll renew her passport before she departs.

Thanks in advance!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Passport validity requirement for ILR Holders

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:05 am

oqureshi wrote:is there a requirement for having a certain number of months validity remaining on your foreign passport while entering the UK?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Re: Passport validity requirement for ILR Holders

Post by oqureshi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am

sushdmehta, thanks for your reply.
sushdmehta wrote:
oqureshi wrote:is there a requirement for having a certain number of months validity remaining on your foreign passport while entering the UK?
No.