ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What do I do if...?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

En-Xtremis
Newly Registered

What do I do if...?

Post by En-Xtremis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 pm

I have been living in Ireland for four years on a work permit.

In late October I sent in my employment permit application. I am changing jobs so I had to fill out a new permit application.

I knew that applications usually take three months to process...so I figured i had plenty of time. I went to the USA in early November to have thanksgiving with some family members of mine who live there and I am also staying to celebrate christmas with them as well.

In Mid November, I received a letter from the work permits office requesting more information on my employer in order to process my application.

I was in the US at the time as stated. My housemate contacted me in the US and told me I had received a letter from them...I asked him to forward it to me. It took forever to get here...just arrived today. It is requesting for information on my employer but but a 28 day time limit on the information or my application would be denied. It is already past the 28th day and I just now received the letter.

Getting the additional information from my employer is not a problem...but I am wondering what my options are if my application is denied because of this...and it is probably has been. Should I reapply or should I appeal? What are my options?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:39 am

i think u should have asked ur friends to scan the letter for u rather than posting it but anyways..you should first find out if your application is still with them or refused,if still with the than i think u should fax them a letter saying you are just after receiving the letter as your are abroad you need few more days to send the documents or else you can ask your employer to post those documents with the copy of the letter from department.this has to be done at the earliest i mean tommorow or once the office is closed tommorow than dont think it will open again till 8th jan

if they didnt recieve these documents they send the whole application back and u need to reapply but you are in the back of the que again.

may be others in the group can guide you with something else

En-Xtremis
Newly Registered

Post by En-Xtremis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I contacted them and here is what they said:

Your application was refused on 20/12/2011. You may appeal the decision
and submit all the requested information. You have 21 days from that date
in which to submit an appeal.

How do you submit an appeal?

Thanks,