ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which form to fill

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdar
Newly Registered

which form to fill

Post by cdar » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi

I m married to EU member soon my 5 years visa will expire i need to apply
for ILR , please can you tell me which form i need to fill and when can i apply ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:43 pm

You can't apply for ILR as this is granted under UK rules.It's PR under EU/EEA regulations - form EEA4

seputus

Post by seputus » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Yes, form EEA4.

As to when you can apply, you can apply as soon as you have your fifth year wedding anniversary as it is at that point which you acquire permanent residence.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Re: which form to fill

Post by Nimitta » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:31 pm

cdar wrote:Hi

I m married to EU member soon my 5 years visa will expire i need to apply
for ILR , please can you tell me which form i need to fill and when can i apply ?
Whenever you have: your 5 years of marriage+your continuous residence+your EU spouse's continuous residence+your EU spouse exercising Treaty Rights.

If both of you you have lived those 5 years in the UK and your EU spouse has being exercising the Treaty Rights during all those 5 years, you can apply for Permanent residence at your 5-years anniversary. Just 5 years of marriage is not going to be enough, not even close.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:22 am

you will have to apply for eea2 if your eu/eea member was not exercising the treaty.

ta