ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-application for HSMP after Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tyrex2000
Newly Registered

Re-application for HSMP after Refusal

Post by tyrex2000 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:28 am

Hi,

Just wondering before applying for HSMP :roll:

If I apply now and my application is rejected, do they ask me to wait for sometime before re-applying.

Does the rejection letter have a date or time period stated within which I cannot re-apply. 150 quid is the only casualty if no such time period applies. (there shouldn't as per my research on HO website and forums)

Cheers,
Tyrex

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:14 pm

I wouldn't encourage frivolous re-application - HSMP is a merit based programme, so just sheer persistence will not pay off if you were rejected for not cutting the score. In such case you'd need to do what's necessary to upgrade the score (finish the school that's in progress, work another year to get more years in a senior position, show more money in the bank, and other such) and then re-apply again. There is no "wait period" for such re-application where you show change of relevant circumstances.

There is no wait period as well where you re-apply with additional evidence if your previous app was rejected for lack of evidence to support your claimed score.

tyrex2000
Newly Registered

Post by tyrex2000 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:51 am

Well, I am not planning to go for a "frivolous" application but I am claiming "Significant Acheivement" points. Just in case HSMP team doesn't think it as Significant, I will have to re-apply after another 6 months since I finish 4 years of work experience. (And I don't like to wait, even 6 months is a terrible long wait, especially when I have more than few jobs waiting for me)

Otake

Post by Otake » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:42 pm

I am rejected, and I wait for 8 weeks for first app.
I apply fresh one and it is accepted in 20 days :))

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:17 pm

Be positive

Anyway estimated time for considering application is now around 3.5 months. If got rejected you may have to wait for another 2 months.. :) (for completing of 4 year exp.)