ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Gneral Applicaiton

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AustinCann
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gneral Applicaiton

Post by AustinCann » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I have been working in UK holding Post Study Work Visa since April 2011. My employer is a small company who now wants to sponsor me for visa application.
Employer has to apply for sponsor as it doesn't hold license. My job is not listed in shortage occupation list, not sure if it is required as I have valid Post Study Work Visa and I am working for current employer for more than six months?

I am renewing contract with employer in new year and we will go through the requirements for both of us to go through this process. Could any body advise me on the correct procedure to apply under this category and supporting documents we both require. e.g

1) Minimum salary required.
2) Does the job need to be listed on shortage occupation list?
3) My Post study work visa doesn't run out until 2013, is it ok to apply for Tier 2 visa now and switch from current category to new category?
4) How long does it take to get the results showing if sponsor license has been granted?
5) Its private limited company owned by few directors and I have appendix a showing the documents employer require to apply for this sponsor license. Are there additional requirements.

Many thanks for help

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:05 pm

For applicant

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... 2/general/

For employer

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... rs/points/

also, do a search on this forum as this question has been asked before.
1) Minimum salary required.
Different for different people. Find SOC code of your job title by going through the link "for employer" above

2) Does the job need to be listed on shortage occupation list?
No
3) My Post study work visa doesn't run out until 2013, is it ok to apply for Tier 2 visa now and switch from current category to new category?
you can switch as soon as you satisfy criteria for tier 2
4) How long does it take to get the results showing if sponsor license has been granted?
4-6 weeks if everything goes smoothly

5) Its private limited company owned by few directors and I have appendix a showing the documents employer require to apply for this sponsor license. Are there additional requirements.
you must not hold more than 10%shares in company

AustinCann
Newly Registered

Post by AustinCann » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks