ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1... got to ask somthing...?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sib797
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1... got to ask somthing...?

Post by sib797 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:00 am

Hi , i would really appreciate if some one could help me, i have following questions:

1) I have ILR and need to apply for MN1 for my both son and daughter, can i apply for registration together or i have to apply seperately?

2) how much the fees would be? £540 for each or something i can for both applicants?

3) do i need to send any documents with MN1 applications ?

will appreciate your efforts if you could reply to my queries..

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:12 am

Are both your children born in the UK? If yes, then:

1) Can apply together using two separate form. Just send the two forms together.

2) £810

3) Read the Gudie MN1 but basically you will need to send a UK birth certificate and parent passport showing ILR. If you don't want to send the documents, consider using NCS which will copy your documents and forward your application to the HO so you can keep the originals with you.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 am

Hi

I am in same situation, please suggest which one is better, sending the original documents or using the ncs service

and is there any costs involved, please

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 pm

There is a cost involved (£20-50) depending on the type of application and the council. I suggest you shop around. You don't need to use the council where you live.

It's your choice. It is no a question of a better option. If you need your travel documents and/or you prefer to keep them, use NCS. If you want to save the cost, post it yourself. There isn't big difference between the two in terms of processing time for registration.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks a lot

Also sent them an email and got reply, they charge £24 per child and require a phone call for booking of an appointment

Thanks again