ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused, what about general visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amrit4386

Spouse visa refused, what about general visa?

Post by Amrit4386 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Hello, i'm waiting for my wife to pick up her passport from VFS. I'm soo worried and anxious about the putcome. I'm thinking the worst here, but if she get refused the spouse visa , would'nt it b better for her to apply for a visit visa and once here apply for the spouse visa? Any ideas?

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:09 pm

you should just think positive and hopefully all will be the best for you both! :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:26 pm

would'nt it b better for her to apply for a visit visa and once here apply for the spouse visa?
Well no, that is not possible. As long ago as 01.04.03 the Government introduced a "no switching" rule, preventing visitor visas being switched into a spouse visa in the UK.
Any ideas?
Yes! Be positive! And post your good news when you get the confirmation!
John

Amrit4386

Post by Amrit4386 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 am

Hello everybody, My wife just collected her passport and i am pleased to announce she was granted the spouse visa. It was a long wait because the application was sent from Delhi on the 22nd Dec, but had to wait till today to collect the passport due to the holidays. We are both over the moon. First of all i'd like to thank God, and thanks to everyone who helped me in preperation for the application :lol: :lol: :D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Congratulations...a great start to 2012! :)