ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammyisaac
Newly Registered

fiance visa

Post by sammyisaac » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:57 am

having gone through the uk visas website, i was left a bit confused and i would be grateful if you cleared up this point. i am currently a holder of a fiance visa and woud like to find out in the event of us been married will i have to go back to country of origin to change it over to a spouse visa or will my application be accepted in the uk

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:55 am

You can apply in UK, using Form FLR(M), which you can get by scrolling down to it on this page on the IND website.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:17 pm

woud like to find out in the event of us been married
You mean there is some doubt about it? A fiancé(e) visa is issued so that the person can marry in the UK during the six month validity of that visa.

Are you now having doubts about getting married?
John

sammyisaac
Newly Registered

Post by sammyisaac » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:40 pm

right thanku for clearing that one, here is the complication having gone back to country of origin and made my fiance visa application in january i was denied visa then made an appeal, in the meantime my fiancee came on holiday and we got married in june. just after getting married the british consul contacted me saying they had overturned their decision and proceeded to issue me with a fiance visa, i travelled to the uk with the intentions of registering the marriage. the snag is will there be a problem with making the application if i have travelled on fiance visa when i am already married?