ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residence ILR related question for dependent.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

junni
Newly Registered

10 year long residence ILR related question for dependent.

Post by junni » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Dear Respected Members.

Hope you all doing well after Christmas, I have few questions regarding 10 years long legal stay in UK and then obtaining ILR from HO for myself and for my two dependents (spouse, Child).

I will try to put all visa dates here under below for all respected member’s kind perusal.

1. Main Applicant: Qualifying Criteria 10 years long stay

UK Arrival & Period (Student): Sep 2003 to Sep 2009 (6 Years)
Tier 1 PSW Visa: Oct 2009 to Oct 2011 (2 years)
Tier 1 ( General): Sep 2011 to Sep 2013 (2 years)
Total: Completing 10 years in Sep 2013

Dependent 1 Spouse:

Arrival (Student Dependent): August 2007 to Sep 2009 (2 years 1 Month)
Tier 1 PSW Visa (Dependent): Oct 2009 to Oct 2011 (2 Years)
Tier 1 ( General Dependent): Sep 2011 to Sep 2013 (2 Years)

Dependent 2 Child:

UK Born May 2008

Questions:

1. My Wife would be staying with me for 6 years after I completing 10 years in UK in Sep 2013, she has obtained Visas as a dependent in different categories as mention above mainly Tier 1 (General) Dependent.

My fundamental question is, is she eligible to apply ILR with me ? or she has to switch as a dependent of a Settled person FLR (M) when I will be making my 10 year ILR application in Sep 2013, in relation to her legal stay in UK as a dependent, it also satisfy 24 Months Mandatory legal criteria living with 'Main Applicant' does it full fills HO requirement to apply together with main applicant for ILR ?

2. She might be away next year from UK for 6 months as a carer to her mother as she is in quiet unstable health, does it effect 24 months 'Continues' stay of my wife prior to making ILR application with me.

3. Please inform me about two years couple cohabition documentary requirement for HO prior to ILR application.

4. Which form shall I need to submit for my Child when I submit my ILR application.

Thank you in advance

Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all of you. :)

Re: 10 year long residence ILR related question for dependen

Post by 2012 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 pm

junni wrote:Dear Respected Members.

Hope you all doing well after Christmas, I have few questions regarding 10 years long legal stay in UK and then obtaining ILR from HO for myself and for my two dependents (spouse, Child).

I will try to put all visa dates here under below for all respected member’s kind perusal.

1. Main Applicant: Qualifying Criteria 10 years long stay

UK Arrival & Period (Student): Sep 2003 to Sep 2009 (6 Years)
Tier 1 PSW Visa: Oct 2009 to Oct 2011 (2 years)
Tier 1 ( General): Sep 2011 to Sep 2013 (2 years)
Total: Completing 10 years in Sep 2013

Dependent 1 Spouse:

Arrival (Student Dependent): August 2007 to Sep 2009 (2 years 1 Month)
Tier 1 PSW Visa (Dependent): Oct 2009 to Oct 2011 (2 Years)
Tier 1 ( General Dependent): Sep 2011 to Sep 2013 (2 Years)

Dependent 2 Child:

UK Born May 2008

Questions:

1. My Wife would be staying with me for 6 years after I completing 10 years in UK in Sep 2013, she has obtained Visas as a dependent in different categories as mention above mainly Tier 1 (General) Dependent.

My fundamental question is, is she eligible to apply ILR with me ? or she has to switch as a dependent of a Settled person FLR (M) when I will be making my 10 year ILR application in Sep 2013, in relation to her legal stay in UK as a dependent, it also satisfy 24 Months Mandatory legal criteria living with 'Main Applicant' does it full fills HO requirement to apply together with main applicant for ILR ?

2. She might be away next year from UK for 6 months as a carer to her mother as she is in quiet unstable health, does it effect 24 months 'Continues' stay of my wife prior to making ILR application with me.

3. Please inform me about two years couple cohabition documentary requirement for HO prior to ILR application.

4. Which form shall I need to submit for my Child when I submit my ILR application.

Thank you in advance

Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all of you. :)
1. Having read the form and guidance on 10 years long residency wud have answered u question in detail.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 pm

1. FLR(M)
2. Time spent outside the UK
3. See SET(M)
4. MN1 after you're granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

junni
Newly Registered

Post by junni » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

Thank you for your reply Vinny.

Could you kindly confirm is she has to complete 2 years duration after successfully getting FLR (M) Dependent visa befor applying for ILR or she can apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR(M) visa.

Regards