ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Rejection - SOLIHULL --- very rude CaseWorker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

destiniation_london

ILR Rejection - SOLIHULL --- very rude CaseWorker

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 am

I'm totally distressed, I had my PEO appointment with Solihull at 9 ..arrived sharp 8.30....the CW was a middle aged lady who apparently didn't seem to had a nice christmas...

She didn't ask me any documents except form and passport for atleast 10 minutes and kept on writing something in her paper...

Later she asked me for my payslips and statements and since i also have earnings as limited company director..she asked me for vocuhers and accountant letter...

As my accountant runs payroll quaterly but I get paid on a monthtly basis, a fact which was clearly mentioned in accoutnant letter along with the breakdown...but she completely igonred the letter and kept saying that if you are paid montly then you need to have monthly payslips..

I tried to convince her but she just wouldn;t listen... i also asked to ignore the payslips and just use my dividend and am sure i'd still qualify...but she just ignored it and said either i need to apply fresh at croydon or by post...

I tried to explain to her a lot but she just snapped...she was very very rude...

Am in distress guys, am writing this on my way back from solihull...any advise please...do you think I can just use my dividend vouchers and ignore payslips of limited company totally if that creates a problem...

deeaa1999
Newly Registered

Post by deeaa1999 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:43 am

Hi, Sorry to hear this. I know they can be very tough and rude if they want to. I would suggest you immediately contact a solicitor. As you said they have rejected your application do you now need to wait for a formal rejection letter from them?

Post by 1971 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:46 am

Hi Destination,

Sad to hear that. But if you still got vaild stay, take sometime to get back to your accountant and do exactly what she has asked for and re-apply thereafter. If not, check the number of days you were given to stay in UK and see if you can do what has requested with your accountant and re-apply. You've got no time to waste at all.

Hope it works out for you well.

Regards,
"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:16 pm

1971 wrote:Hi Destination,

Sad to hear that. But if you still got vaild stay, take sometime to get back to your accountant and do exactly what she has asked for and re-apply thereafter. If not, check the number of days you were given to stay in UK and see if you can do what has requested with your accountant and re-apply. You've got no time to waste at all.

Regards,
Thanks for your reply, I still have valid leave to stay for next 4months. I doubt if accountant can we run the payroll again. However I did ask them this and they said they o generate quarterly payslips but they however have me the accountant letter explaining all this along with payment breakdown. But the lady at splihull choose to completely ignore it and was just stubborn on it. I did requested to ignore payslipa and just consider vouchers but guess she had just made-up her mind and wasn't listening.. she literally snapped :-(...

My question is - is it ok if I just consider my vouchers and ignore payalips of limited company when applying next time....

newtothis
Newly Registered

Post by newtothis » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry to hear this....

Quick question, did you still ended up paying as what we have heard is at Solihull you pay after everything is clear and ready!

Based on my read and talking to friends of mine of had successful ILR application I will also suggest to go to Croydon as that is a big office and they must have come across something similar to yours on many occasions....

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 pm

newtothis wrote:Sorry to hear this....

Quick question, did you still ended up paying as what we have heard is at Solihull you pay after everything is clear and ready!

Based on my read and talking to friends of mine of had successful ILR application I will also suggest to go to Croydon as that is a big office and they must have come across something similar to yours on many occasions....
No, that's one consolation thing, they didn't take the payment.

But, gosh!!! i heard so much good things about Solihull PEO and about their friendly nature and helpful behaviour...i must confess i was quite shocked to see her behaving the way ..

I'd all the papers and accountant letter clearly mentioning my monthly salary which can be cross checked with my personal bank statements and business bank statements...but she choose not to..

Can I just show ONLY my dividend earning when making my next application

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

also , do you guys know if appointments in PEO are updated through out the day...what i mean is at the moment it shows next available appointment on 20/01...but if somebody cancels the appointment in between would that slot be put on available to book,...

Post by 1971 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Destination,

I have just gone through the UKBA website to see the Dec 2011 version for ILR requirements, please, read pages 28 - 35 for clarity on the supporting documents & also ensure that your accountant is registered as stated on page 30 /31 of this doc. Please, see link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I hope it's helpful.

Regards,

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm

1971 wrote:Hi Destination,

I have just gone through the UKBA website to see the Dec 2011 version for ILR requirements, please, read pages 28 - 35 for clarity on the supporting documents & also ensure that your accountant is registered as stated on page 30 /31 of this doc. Please, see link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I hope it's helpful.

Regards,
Yeah, i've gone through that document zillion times before applying and had all my supporting documents infact a lot more than what's required.

My accountant is registered with all the professional bodies and the letter had all the registration number clearly shown on letter. but, as I said earlier the lady just didn't even took a glance at accoutnat letter.

I understand they are in their right to decide on application, but I think just because I get quaterly payslips and monthly payment doesn't make it complex...moreever I said that you can please ignore the payslips and just consider my dividend vouchers and I'd still make it through but she was very stubborn and was not at all willing to listen :-(

Calos
Newly Registered

Post by Calos » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi, may I ask if they didn't take the payment forwards, which means your application isn't accepted by them, no record will show that? You can still make a fresh application some other centers?

Kumar81
Newly Registered

Solihull Crap Lady and help set o

Post by Kumar81 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:06 pm

She did same to me and end up by sending by post.

she is extremely rude with me.

ta

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 pm

destiniation_london, sorry to hear of your experience at the Solihull PEO. But it does beg the question, if salary is paid to you every month, why is a payslip produced only every quarter?
John

destiniation_london

Re: Solihull Crap Lady and help set o

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Kumar81 wrote:She did same to me and end up by sending by post.

she is extremely rude with me.

ta
When did you apply in solihull, was she the healthy middle aged lady sat at counter 2 and her name started with letter 'L'...

What problem did she said in your application, it was a 4 hours one side journey for me and she just snapped in 15 minutes and was not even listening.

When did you apply in post how long does it take.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

John wrote:destiniation_london, sorry to hear of your experience at the Solihull PEO. But it does beg the question, if salary is paid to you every month, why is a payslip produced only every quarter?

John, my accountant administers payroll on a quarterly basis but has advises to pay monthly. This was clearly stated in the letter along with my quarterly and monthly salty breakdown.

John, do you think it should be ok to just include my dividend in previous earnings to avoid this payslip confusion. I'd qualify with my dividend earnings or is it mandatory to include salary... your help is really appreciated....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 pm

my accountant administers payroll on a quarterly basis but has advises to pay monthly.
I still do not understand. Why aren't monthly payslips produced? I cannot think of any logical reason why not.
John

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:45 pm

John wrote:
my accountant administers payroll on a quarterly basis but has advises to pay monthly.
I still do not understand. Why aren't monthly payslips produced? I cannot think of any logical reason why not.
I asked them the same when I joined them and they say their system runs payroll only quarterly. I then asked the same to UKBA enquiry and they said as long as it's supported with a accountant letter it should be fine. The letter has very clearly stated this fact and given a nice breakdown of my quarterly and monthly income. This could also have been matched with my outgoing business account statement and incoming personal statement.

Anyways, I'm going to push them again tomorrow to provide monthly payslips - not sure if they can do it but I'm thinking of applying again, and looking to just show dividend vouchers for previous earnings. I'd still be able to qualify...the only question is it allowed to just show dividend vouchers from limited company for previous earnings when I take salary as well...

Looking forward to your reply..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:09 pm

I asked them the same when I joined them and they say their system runs payroll only quarterly.
There might be another reason but I cannot think of it. So the only reason I can think of is ..... laziness!

I think they should be reminded that their business is to provide a service, and in this case the service you require is monthly payslips. If for some reason they cannot provide you will the service you require, find someone else who can!
John

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm

John wrote:
I asked them the same when I joined them and they say their system runs payroll only quarterly.
There might be another reason but I cannot think of it. So the only reason I can think of is ..... laziness!

I think they should be reminded that their business is to provide a service, and in this case the service you require is monthly payslips. If for some reason they cannot provide you will the service you require, find someone else who can!
+1 to John. its just click of a button.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 pm

sorry to hear this. Could you not ask your accountant to produce monthly payslips for the previous required months? This will not change your NI or PAYE etc. You will get payslips with net amounts that will match with your bank statements. If they can not do this than ask some payroll provider they will do it for you. (You may pay them £3 to £5 for each payslip etc.)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Sky_High wrote:sorry to hear this. Could you not ask your accountant to produce monthly payslips for the previous required months? This will not change your NI or PAYE etc. You will get payslips with net amounts that will match with your bank statements. If they can not do this than ask some payroll provider they will do it for you. (You may pay them £3 to £5 for each payslip etc.)
its not a hard science. Sage isn't a micky mouse software, it does a lot more than what accounts in any company makes out. Force them to give you your monthly payslips even for previous months. full stop.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:02 am

Many thanks all for your responses, really appreciate it.

I'm going to ask for the monthly payslips from them.

But, as my current priority is to get my ILR done first and once that's done I can think about Accountant, what are my options just in case they are not able to generate the past months payslips...

1) Would just showing Dividend as previous earnings allowed (please answer this question anyone, i am pretty sure we are allowed to include whatever previous earnings we wish to show as long as we qualify)

2) Can I ask some third party for generating payslips (any references or clues, am ready to shell out money to get it done) ... i know it should have been done by accountant in first place but assuming they are not able to do it please suggest me alternatives...

really appreciate your help

thewolfman21

experience

Post by thewolfman21 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi - Would be nice to get some more feedback for Solihull, As uptil now this one appeared to be the PEO to go for !!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 pm

destiniation_london, using your numbering :-
  1. To say the least, I think it would be very odd if you supplied just the dividend vouchers and not the payslips. After all both aspects of the money coming from the company will be mentioned on your bank statements.
  2. How would UKBA know who has prepared the payslips? After all the company itself could have been using payroll software that it has bought for itself. A company is allowed to do its own payroll, or hire in professional help if it needs it.
John

Post by 1971 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Destination,

Regards,
Just as suggested earlier. Do what she requires. All CW has a guide which are followed strictly with a few exceptions.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 pm

John wrote:destiniation_london, using your numbering :-
  1. To say the least, I think it would be very odd if you supplied just the dividend vouchers and not the payslips. After all both aspects of the money coming from the company will be mentioned on your bank statements.
  2. How would UKBA know who has prepared the payslips? After all the company itself could have been using payroll software that it has bought for itself. A company is allowed to do its own payroll, or hire in professional help if it needs it.
Thanks John.

One queastion, would it matter or rather would it be in their system which says that I was turn down ILR due to quarterly payslips and is it ok if I produce monthly in my next appointment.

Please pardon me if I'm being too hysterical with my excuses, just playing devils advocate after my experience.