ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier-1 depVisa 4 newborn in UK from VisitorVisa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AdvyJag
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier-1 depVisa 4 newborn in UK from VisitorVisa

Post by AdvyJag » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am

Hi,

We were blessed with baby boy in London and we urgently need to travel to India.

I got the passport from Indian High Commision from London for the newborn and travelling to India without a Visa on 9th Jan 2012. I am planning to travel back to London on 21 Mar 2012.

My Tier-1 general is expiring on 12-May 2012 , So is it a good idea to get a Visitor visa for the newborn from mid March for a six months period and then extend the Tier-1 general for me, my wife and for my newborn child from UK ?

1) Is it possible to change the visitor visa stay to Tier 1 general (PBS dependent) from UK while extending my tier1 general?

2) Will this affect ILR or Permenant residentship ?

PS. i am planning to get a Visitor visa for newborn child to enter UK and then extend all of our visa's in May 2012 because it will take a lesser amount of fee to apply for visitor visa for a period of 40 days. Then i need to extend all of our visas.

Please advise

Thanks,
AdvyJag

AdvyJag
Newly Registered

Post by AdvyJag » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:41 am

Moderators,

Please can any one reply on this ?

Thanks,
AdvyJag

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 am

Switching from visit to PBS migrant is not possible. Furthermore, the child will not be issued a visit visa if it's not obvious that the child will leave the UK after six months (and clearly that is not what you intend). You need to apply for a PBS dependant visa.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 am

AdvyJag wrote:Moderators,

Please can any one reply on this ?

Thanks,
AdvyJag
Moderators ? someone else' advice is not good enough ?

Anyway, here's a link you can go through http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25610